No more "free" Iced Tea or Chocolates???

jerseygirl79

I hate that canned Nestea stuff. Most of the time it's the already sugared stuff and I don't like sugared iced tea.

We're sailing Sensation in under 3 weeks. Will report back what I find. I guess if all they will serve in the dining room is the pre sweetened stuff, then I'll be drinking water for our trip.

Hey, does anyone know if younger DS can have milk at dinner w/o charge? We don't drink soda, and older DS will do water, but I'd like to get milk for younger one. Do they charge in the dining room?

I hate that canned Nestea stuff. Most of the time it's the already sugared stuff and I don't like sugared iced tea.

We're sailing Sensation in under 3 weeks. Will report back what I find. I guess if all they will serve in the dining room is the pre sweetened stuff, then I'll be drinking water for our trip.

Hey, does anyone know if younger DS can have milk at dinner w/o charge? We don't drink soda, and older DS will do water, but I'd like to get milk for younger one. Do they charge in the dining room?

They still offered the regular (free) iced tea in the MDR on the Triumph. You can also get Skim, 2%, or Chocolate milk free as well in the MDR or Lido.

For breakfast, they have the milk in cartons out on display in Lido so you can self serve. For lunch/dinner you just have to ask someone and they get it for you behind the counter.

I know this is a little OT...but I just want to clarify...(as I am neither a drinker of alcohol or soda), can you usually get lemonade in the dining room, or only iced tea?
They had lemonade in the MDR on Pride last week.

I hate bottled tea too! I am a tea snob and make alot of my fresh brewed tea with bags I buy from Starbucks. I can handle the tea that was on the lido deck and if I cant get tea in the dining room I guess I will order a diet coke.:rolleyes: We sail on the Ecstasy in 34 days so I will report back.

(yells out)Honey, pack the crystal light iced tea and the tea bags!!:eek:

LOL! I actually brought Crystal Light packets on the Glory in May because I'm not supposed to drink caffeine. Our bar server in the MDR was fascinated, so I gave some to him to try. On the 5th day of our cruise, he asked how long I had been a bartender. I shrugged and said "about 5 days." :)

It's never been the cost of the land vacation that has troubled me, it is the getting there. I can of course jump in the jeep and head up to the mountains of N GA, but there is no ocean. I can drive for two days and get down to Sanibel, and there is an ocean, but then I have to pay for food, and gas, and hotel. I don't drink, so I am not so sure that I can be nickeled and dimed, but if they take away juice, and tea, then yes I can be dimed to death, and will have to rethink cruising. I can get juice on a soda card. But perhaps the days of all inclusive on a ship are a thing of the past. Too many people take advantage of free. And those who do, don't know it, 'cause I used to be one.:o

Two days from outside of Atlanta to Sanibel? Wow.:confused:

We bring the individual serving size of powdered drink mix. Just get a big mug, fill it with icewater from the buffet, and mix. It's great.

I would not care a whole lot if the iced tea is there or not, but DW expecially likes the hot tea served after meals and at tea time.

Is that right? Wow, as far as I knew you could get cheap flights from Philadelphia to Ft. Lauderdale/Miami (if that's where you were heading). Southwest for one usually has them available for under $100.

I'm in upstate New York and we can still get Southwest flights to Florida for about $100 each way, as long as you book fairly early. I thought Philadelphia was even cheaper.

In April flights out of PHL to FLL are not cheap. We were able to get one this weekend on a sale, but unless you hit a sale it can run to $400 especially if you have to travel on the weekend like most cruisers do. It's even worse out of PVD anytime around spring because schools in the NE still do Spring Break.

You can make your own Ice Tea. The Hot bags by the coffee, I make some and pour over a glass of ice.

I have done the same as you because I don't like that liquid tea stuff that's dispensed from a machine. I think it's a concentrated liquid. I usually bring along an insulated travel mug, fill with ice and then pour my freshly steeped cup of hot tea onto the ice. Sweeten to taste and add lemons - - very nice, more pure and full of antioxidants!:D

I just read a review from someone just back from Inspiration. Apparently on this sailing they are now charging for Iced Tea and there are no more chocolates left during turn down.

Any one else recently back from any ship experienced this?

We just got off the Pride last Sunday. Ice tea was still available 24/7 on the Lido deck for free. We had chocolates at turndown every night.

We brought our Tervis tumblers so we could fill up and have ice tea whenever we wanted.

Sorry 4 the confusion.

What I meant was:

You have to pay for tea @ the bars. Not on the lido (I hope)

Just as you have to pay for oj in your room, but can get it from room service for "free" (don't forget to tip the guy that brought it) =)

It's really all about conveinence.

Forgive me for not understanding this .. but if you order OJ in your cabin ..isn't it from room service?:confused:

Off the Legend on Oct 11th and iced tea was free on lido deck. We had chocolates at turn-down every night except the last. :confused: We always save them and divide them between the grandkids. They love them and the fact that they say Carnival on them.

Archived