Beaches in Cozumel

woodman

Paradise Beach would be great for kids- not too crowded- There is an iceberg, floaty mats, snorkeling equip and a trampoline- 5.00 to use all of that.

No charge for lounge chairs, no one bugging you along the beach to buy stuff or have your hair braided- now they do have little stands right there to braid hair or get massages---

Food and drinks are yummy!

We went to Paradise Beach during last year's Spring Break.

It was PERFECT! Highest recommendation!

We took a taxi there.....(can't remem how much it was...sorry). There was one waiting to take us home when we left. No trouble at all!

Actually, we had heard that the San Francisco Beach was the best......that is the one we asked for when we got in the taxi...........then the taxi driver told us Paradise Beach was the best & cheapest too. He was right! We were very glad we listened to his advice!

It wasn't over crowded & did have the rock climbing and/or other toys anchored in the water. Beautiful beach too.

The professional (Carnival sponsored $$$) party boat was right next to us.........at the next beach......a few hundred yards down the beach......those people paid lots more than we did and we were essentially at the same location.

We saw the same water, sun amd sand.

That party boat might be a better deal if you drink a lot tho....????

I think COZUMEL is the ONE stop I would not be afraid to deal with locals, such as taxi drivers and/or beach people, etc....

Good Luck & Have Fun!

Is a wonderful wonderful place. My four year old had the best time. If you get there early you can get a lounge chair with a moveable umbrella. My son is very fair and it was so nice that he could play in the sand without our worrying about him getting fried!!

I just got back from the Miracle on Sunday. Definitely go to Paradise Beach. We paid $26.00 USD each way for a group of 6. The lounge chairs and umbrellas are free - $5.00 for kayaks, iceberg and trampoline - snorkeling equipment too. If you don't do any of that I wouldn't bother with the extra $5.00 per person. It is very clean - the bathrooms were spotless and stayed that way all day. I would love to know what they used to clean it. If you do go - do me a favour - have an order of coconut shrimp and a Long Island Ice Tea for me. THey also make the BEST Pina Coladas ( I had a sip of my husband's) San Francisco Beach is right next door. I walked over and it is similar. San Francisco has a pool set back a little and up. Down below the pool there is a kiddie pool. The water was very cold. I walked back to Paradise Beach and we were glad we chose it. I highly recommend it.:D

Thanks for asking this question cause we were debating between Chakanaab Park and Paradise Beach. After reading the rave reviews of Paradise Beach I think we will be going there.
Chankanaab is wonderful too; it just depends what you're looking for. We went to Chankanaab on our last cruise and spent a great day there (snorkeling is great, mini-golf, nature trail, mayan ruins replicas, RELAXING, clean grounds and bathrooms). However, on our upcoming cruise we are going to try Paradise Beach, not because we didn't enjoy Chankanaab, but because we want to try something different. We have teens and they'll probably spend all day using the water toys!

If you're talking about getting back from Chankanaab, we just waited a couple of minutes at the entrance and a cab came by. Since there's a lot of tourists there, taxis come by every now and then. I suppose the people staffing the entrance would be able to call for a taxi if you encounter a problem getting one. If you're talking about Paradise Beach, I haven't been there yet, but am assuming the situation would be similar.

You cannot beat Paradise Beach....it's the BEST. We took our G-kids there in April & they loved it. The best food, drinks, toys, you name it. The kids LOVED the Mac & Cheese & it's the best I've ever tasted! The BEST margaritas, but don't have too many..Strawberry Daiquiri's...Pina Coladas..awesome nachos... GREAT FOOD!!! You won't be sorry you went to Paradise Beach. We'll be heading back there on Wednesday...can't wait!!! We've been to Cozumel a dozen times & we think this is the best beach in Cozumel....so do Paradise!

We were just in Cozumel in November with our 5 and 7 year girls. We went to Paradise beach and they loved it. They put on the snorkel masks and stood in shallow waters looking at the all of the sea creatures underwater. They saw all types of fish and plantlife and collected lots of neat sea shells. Then they played on the floatie mats for awhile. Eventually their dad took them out to the floating trampoline where they had a blast. This was their overall favorite beach out of all of the cruises they've done.:D Plus, Paradise beach has a fantastic restaurant that only charges $3 for a large bowl of mac-n-cheese which our kids loved!

On our previous trip to Cozumel, we took our kids to Chankanab. I wouldn't recommend Chankanab for little ones that want to get into the water or play in the sand. Most of the beach at Chankanab is set up where you have to go down steep steps to get into some pretty deep water. There is only one "normal" beach where you can walk right into the water and it was pretty crowded. I think Chankanab is more geared towards snorkeling, and they do have great snorkeling.;) But I wouldn't take a little kid there. I constantly worried that one of our kids would try to go down those steps and into that deep water.:eek:

Agree Paradise Beach is the best - was there last week. Cab for 5 of us from pier was $20. Plenty of cabs by mid morning for the return trip to ship. Get to the beach early in order to get a great spot! If you want braiding or a massage it can get crowded and busy! Go, you will have a blast!

What beaches are best for watersports (ie: wave runners, parasailing, ect.) I am going to Cozumel in March and wanted to visit two different beaches, one for snorkeling (Dzu Ha) and another for sports (?) - preferrably close together. Any suggestion?

Guest Time2gocruzn

Here are two sites I found really helpful making our decision...

this is an interactive map of ALL the beaches in Coz..(scroll down to see it, turn on your speakers, too) Click on a beach and it has pics and info...

http://cozumelmexico.net/Cozumel-Beaches.html

This is the link to paradise beach site...

http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net/home_pbeach.php

We went to Paradise Beach with our sons (ages 6 and 7). We all had a great time; a little something for all of us to do. They charge a $5 fee for a wrist band allowing you to use watersports (iceberg climbing wall, water trampoline, floating mats, etc). Highly recommended

Archived