Phone Help

Mably

We are leaving on the Glory tomorrow and my daughter is planning to bring her I-Phone. She said if she puts it on airplane mode that she still can use her phone for the clock, alarm and games without being charged for taking any calls. Has anyone done this? I am just afraid she will get home to a huge cell phone bill.

I tried calling ATT and they were no help at all and talked out of both sides of their mouths!!!!!

Thanks....

She is correct. My husband and I always take our i-phones and put them on "airplane mode" immediately after the safety drill. We use ours for the clock and music. Some of the games will not work if they require internet acces for updates.... Just make sure she understands to never turn off the airplane mode because the phone will start updating and she will get the text messages, emails, etc that could cause charges.....

But definitely no worries if it stays on air plane mode! Done it with two iphones for 3 cruises now.

In "Airplane Mode" the phone part of the device is turned off. That turns the iPhone into little more than an i.

It's true that the device is useful even without the phone, so I can understand why she wants to bring it.

Just verify it is in airplane mode after the ship leaves the dock, until the ship returns to the dock at the end of the cruise.

Have fun!

Quick iPhone question... I don't have one, but both (grown) kids do and we will all be cruising together soon. I will tell them about airplane mode, but can someone just quickly tell me how to set it to that, and what shows up so you know it is on airplane mode? I just want to make doubly sure they don't incur excessive charges. Thank you!

Archived