Tea Kettles

cappy09

When my dh and I sailed on the Independence out of Ft. Lauderdale there were tea kettles in the staterooms. Has any one heard if this will also be the case on Oasis ? The convenience of having coffee in the room without calling room service was one of the best perks ever for us. Just bring your own single serving Folgers bags and your all set.

Can not be done can cause a fire risk to all

please order room service

It actually can be done, and is on various ships, especially in the Suites. It is not really a kettle, more of a drinks system that processes one tea/coffe at a time, it is drinkable but not really boiling hot. I do not think you will find it in regular cabins on The Oasis.

The independence had kettles in the room because it is usually home ported in Southampton and the kettles were a feature for us Tea loving Brits!

As far as I'm aware, no other ship has kettles - the LOS didn't have them when we sailed in 7/08.

Soveriegn had a coffee station with hot water that was available. It was out by the pool deck I think.

I am addicted to TeaVanna and plan on bringing some nice relaxing blends.

Of course I still have 13 more months....ugh!

I guess I will just ask the room steward when we board if it is possible to get a tea kettle for use in our room with a smile and very sweetly. :) All he can say is NO but you never know if you just might be surprised and find one there later in the day.. Unless you try you can't succeed.

Archived