Private Taxi Tour

Roses2

Three years ago we had a great private taxi tour of Barbados arranged by Boyce's Tours. We have not been able to email them and their internet site is down.

The official taxi fare sites for Barbados indicate that a private taxi tour should be about $20 per hour.

Can anyone recommend a good driver/guide who can be contacted by email to set up a private tour for two?

Hopefully someone has a recommendation for an port call next month.

Thanks,

P&J

• 1 month later...

We finally were able to contact Drayton Transport by email and set up a 4 hour private tour. Mr. Drayton sent a 9 passenger air conditioned van for just the two of us.

We had a great tour of the highlights of Barbados seeing an entire new part of the island we had not seen before. We also were able to stop where and when we wanted.

Young Willy Drayton, a native Bajan, was an excellent driver/guide and the price for the private tour was about the same or less than many group tours.

We contacted the company by email (draytonstransport@caribsurf.com) . The person we communicated with was Esline. They run many of the bus tours in Barbados also.

The total cost was $25 per hour or $100 for the 4 hour tour for the van and driver/guide (plus tip).

We told him what we would like to see and he took us there. We stopped where we wanted to take photos.

We were very please with young Willie the owner's son who provided our tour.

We contacted the company by email (draytonstransport@caribsurf.com) . The person we communicated with was Esline. They run many of the bus tours in Barbados also.

The total cost was $25 per hour or $100 for the 4 hour tour for the van and driver/guide (plus tip).

We told him what we would like to see and he took us there. We stopped where we wanted to take photos.

Roses2, did you have to pay up or provide credit card with them when you reserved with Draytons Transportation?

Roses2, did you have to pay up or provide credit card with them when you reserved with Draytons Transportation?

No, we paid at the end of the tour.

On the 14 day Back-to-Back we made similar arrangements at 8 ports for private tours and 2 fishing charters. We paid none in advance.

We took only one ship's tour and that was on turn-around day in San Juan.

No, we paid at the end of the tour.

On the 14 day Back-to-Back we made similar arrangements at 8 ports for private tours and 2 fishing charters. We paid none in advance.

We took only one ship's tour and that was on turn-around day in San Juan.

Thank you Rose2! We are taking Caribbean Princess in Jan 2010 and looking forward to all the ports! We signed up for some tour island - St Lucia and St Thomas but for Barbados I am stuck. We like to do the snorkel with the turtles and see the island. Most of the folks I have asked for Barbados have asked for credit card info and they don't take AMX for some reason. So, I am still searching. Any suggestion you can give is greatly appreciated!! Thank you again!

You may want to email Esline at Drayton's Transport on Barbados and tell her what you would like to do and to quote you a price. They did not require advance payment and were very nice to deal with for us.

(draytonstransport@caribsurf.com<draytonstransport@caribsurf.com>;)

Have a great cruise. If you are in the Island Dining Room make sure to seek out Sergio the Head Waiter. He will take great care of you.

P&J

Didn't you say there was just two of you? How long ago was this? It seemed recently?

I emailed them and we were quoted almost DOUBLE that! (for 3-3.5 hours) Ouch. Every quote I get from someone recommended goes up and up. I think we'll have to wing it with a cab when we get there.... or rent a car for a fraction of the cost (don't want to, but sure a LOT cheaper than a private tour!!!)

We just returned from our Caribbean Princess Tour so I do not understand why the price quote changed.

As I stated our price was $25 per hour or $100 for the 4 hour tour. We had Willie Drayton, the owner's son. He had an air conditioned 9 passenger van and provided excellent service.

Feel free to email them and state those were the charges we paid.

We just returned from our Caribbean Princess Tour so I do not understand why the price quote changed.

As I stated our price was $25 per hour or $100 for the 4 hour tour. We had Willie Drayton, the owner's son. He had an air conditioned 9 passenger van and provided excellent service.

Feel free to email them and state those were the charges we paid.

Ya, that's what I thought... and that it was reasonable. So I was a bit surprised to get a reply saying it would be $175 for the 2 of us for 3-3.5 hrs. :( I'll email her back and tell her sorry, but that is more than we wish to spend... (I mean really... that much to see a few beaches? :( )

What else could be different? Season? Distacnce? How far did you go?

We went almost totally around the island. We had toured there before and had done the plantation, Harrison's Caves et. al. so we wanted to see new areas.

We went from the dock through the posh western area to see the mansions, country clubs etc. Then to see some of the remaining sugar cane fields, to the Atlantic side beaches and then returned with a stop at a big supermarket before back to the ship.

WE made many stops for photos along the way.

A total of just under 4 hours and total cost $100 plus tip -- period.

BTW: if you have not been to Harrison's Caves we really enjoyed them and wanted to go back but they were closed for upgrading during November when we were there and do not open until January (I think).

You may ask them why the raise in price.

Archived