Evening attire

sgmburt

I think a nice bolo is more attractive than a necktie:) But it is usually worn with a collared shirt. The shirt can be open at the neck or buttoned. Frankly I think open looks better with a bolo. And women were them also. Very pretty with a vest.

If a tie is too restrictive for the gentleman, wouldn't a Nehru or mandarin collar also bother him? If he could wear that sort of collar, is it that much different than a loosely tied necktie?

Sails, you are right. But a standard lay-down collar still requires a tie, which could trigger the feeling of constriction even if loose. A mandarin collar requires no tie, thus the dilemma is avoided.

http://justtuxedoshirts.com/Mens-Banded-Collar-Tuxedo-Shirts/M/B0017LGGCW.htm

Found these in several colors. Cheap, too.

Hi,

My husband all so hate ties. so for formal nights he got a tux and wears a mandarin collar shirt with it. He also so got the neck size just a little larger that he would wear. (but you can't tell by looking at him). The collar sits low on his neck. He looks great in it. There is a link below for it.

http://www.buy4lesstuxedo.com/index.php?l=product_list&c=Mandarin-Collar-Tuxedo-Shirts&gclid=CJPvgYe1yp0CFado5QodSUojrw

Maria

For the life of me. I can't undertand what the big deal is about "evening attire". My suggestion, OP- let the hubby walk in with a sweater and dockers.... IF (which probably won't happen) the powers that be tell him to change, have a back up plan.

Don't sweat it. You're on vacation. :)

What would be the dress code for children on formal nights? I have a 6 year old son. Last time we went on Royal Caribbean and he work nice pants, a nice button down shirt and his sneakers. Will something like that be ok for him on the Ryndam this time?

I bought 3 grandkids to Alaska in May. They wore everything from a suit and tie (13 yr old) with sneakers, to a fancy "flower girl dress" (10 yr old), to what my 15 yr old GD said were formal jeans:confused:. She wore them with high heels and a pretty top, necklace and wrap. Nobody cared.

We wanted the kids to have a vacation and the last thing I was going to tell them was that their clothes weren't good enough:eek:. They always looked neat and they were with us, while we were dressed nicely, DH in dark suit, me in sparkly top and slacks, sometimes with a wrap.

Although I have seen children in Tuxes, that really seems a bit much to me, IMO. I would think a sweater or vest on top of the button down shirt could dress it up if you wanted to, but if n ot I doubt anyone would balk. It's your vacation, I say enjoy enjoy it :)

That's just my 2 cents and others I'm sure will disagree, giving you a variety of opinions.;)

What would be the dress code for children on formal nights? I have a 6 year old son. Last time we went on Royal Caribbean and he work nice pants, a nice button down shirt and his sneakers. Will something like that be ok for him on the Ryndam this time?
You might bring along a clip-on tie, and if he sees other kids more dressed up he might be interested in wearing the tie. If not, I don't expect there would be any problem for his age dressed as you have described.

Archived