Booking a wine package?

pringle

Hi all,

Can someone let me know when I can purchase a wine package online...it just states "come back nearer the sail date".

How near before sailing do I have to wait?

Thanks,

Pringle

Pringle,

I was on the same boat (no pun intended). I just checked and I was able to order the Gold Package. I paid in full 62 days out and was unable to order until now. Currently, I'm 33 days out.

Hi again Bob,

Yes, the final payment date was in August...we sail in 31 days. I'll give them a call tomorrow and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Pringle.

We're sailing Nov 12th and I have the option. Even though the wines are not very good (from past experience) we will enjoy mimosas at the hot tub.....

I telephone Royal Caribbean today and was told I should be able to order online now.

When I told her I couldn't, she checked my booking, went away and asked someone's advice and then told me to wait until 9th November...10 days before sailing...or I can purchase the package on board!

I don't understand how some people can order a wine package months in advance and yet I can't with only a few weeks to go?

It's really easy to purchase when you get onboard - either in the promanade, in front of the dining areas or at your first dinner. Look at the wines on all the lists, because the Gold wines are on the Platinum and Diamond. So don't buy a more expensive package and end up getting all Gold wines!

We received an email today welcoming us to our Jan2010 on the Mariner, and it had info and links on how to book the wine pkg, excursions, dinner resies. When we clicked on the link it took us all the way to purchase then a red warning came up saying this feature is not available at this time please check back later.

Sooooo, we will be checking back later:D

• 3 weeks later...

Nine days to go and I still can't buy the wine package through their website!

Telephoned RCI today and was told kind of abruptly that I'll just have to wait till I board and that was it!

Ah well...nine days :D

Pringle

Nine days to go and I still can't buy the wine package through their website!

Telephoned RCI today and was told kind of abruptly that I'll just have to wait till I board and that was it!

Ah well...nine days :D

Pringle

I couldn't book a wine package online for whatever reason, so just rang & booked it over the phone - they were more than happy to take my card details over the phone??!! We didn't have to wait until we were on board.

I couldn't book a wine package online for whatever reason, so just rang & booked it over the phone - they were more than happy to take my card details over the phone??!! We didn't have to wait until we were on board.

They also said today that they were not allowed to take bookings over the phone...on board only!

• 2 weeks later...
You can also purchase the package as soon as you board the ship (or any time throughout the cruise). The price is the same as booking online, and you can use any onboard credit you may have.:)

I am going on AOS at Christmas 2009 (Southern Caribbean) and for various reasons I already have almost $500 on my SeaPass.

I want to get a wine package, but with all that money already on my SeaPass I do not want to use my credit card to pay for my Wine Package before I go.

So can anyone else confirm that what Critterchick states above is true for AOS on their Southern Caribbean Cruise - I can purchase the package as soon as I board the ship (or any time throughout the cruise).

:mad: Just a bit of warning about the wine package - I am going to post a separate thread but saw this one going. I have just got off the Indy, last cruise before the transatlantic and had pre-purchased the platinum package based on the list on the RCI website.

Arrived on the ship and found that the packages had completely changed - they were handing out photocopies of the new list and many of the good wines on the platinum had been removed - mainly for me the Faustino Rioja which I enjoy and the Beringers. To make it worse, there was only one wine difference between the gold and platinum a Woodbridge Chardonnay reserve which they ran out of halfway through the cruise. We complained to the head waiter and all we were offered was a choice of one of the Chardonnays from the diamond package instead of the Woodbridge.

I asked for a refund in the difference in price between gold and platinum as there was no difference in the list and was told I needed to speak to the Miami office (I have since emailed the UK office).

We weren't the only people to notice and complain, it caused a bit of chaos on the first few nights with the tables around us as there were also wines listed on the gold package that shouldn't have been and diners were being refused them also.

I would wait until you get to the ship to order as this maybe a company wide change just about to be announced and the lists may not have the wines you like anymore.

Hope this helps :)

Claire

Just to confirm, the wine package can be purchased on board? our cruise is in 4 days and it won't let my mom and dad purchase the wine package.

Yes it can. As you board the ship there will likely be tables set up where you can buy the wine package. If not, then head to the MDR and there will be a table there as well. And, if you decide to wait, you can still order it at dinner. The wine list brochure will be on the table and you can pick whichever package you want. They will take your seapass card and put a sticker on the back and charge it to your onboard account.

Have a great time!

--Bret

Archived