Tour Ops at port??

PlanningToCruise

Does anyone know if there are any tour operators at the port to go on excursions/tour when you get off the ship. I forgot ( had alot going on and thought we might have to cancel) to book anything.

I know in the Bahamas, st thomas, and St. Marteen, there were tons of them just waiting and we actually used one in the Bahamas and it turned out to be the best one we ever had, lol.

Anyone know???? thanks

Someone on the Carnival board who just returned on the Carnival Legend told me that his parents took a private tour from someone who was at the pier. He said he and his wife did the same thing last year. The private tour was $20.00 each as compared to almost $50.00 on the tour offered by the ship. He said they went exactly the same places. I am now thinking that my husband and I will do the same thing. He said there are plenty of tour guides at the port.

Check the Carnival thread, Legend Oct. 11-18, The Good, The Bad and The Trival.

we did catch a shuttle bus for $5 pp to the marriot beach, which included a free cocktail when we arrived.

there were tour operators all around the gazebo area when you get off the tender boats. as far as the prices, I think most I saw were around $20pp....but i'm not sure on the tours or the reputation of them. i have heard neither good nor bad about any.

I only complaint about our shuttle bus was they waited until the bus was packed with every single seat full before departing but i guess that's understandable.

don't forget you can ride a bus (minivan) all over too...really cheap, more info on that in the sticky above.

Archived