Carnival with a baby???

jimdicap

Hello! I have been on 6 cruises so far....none with carnival. My wife and I are considering carnival, but we have a 1 year old (at cruise time). Does anyone have good information to share concerning the view of carnival as a "party ship". Anyone have inappropriate stories? Positive ones? Anything to help aid in my decision......also, we are considering Liberty, in case anyone has ship specific stories.

Thanks!

We took our almost one year old on the Carnival Ecstasy and I will say that it was a learning experience. However, our son is not yet three and he has been on 7 cruises. All in all, we had a great time. You just can't expect the same cruise as you did before having a child. It was a party ship. I think I will be more concered with that as he gets older.

As far as inappropriate, the 4th night of the cruise our drunk table mates said, "Oh &^%$*, there's a baby over there." Our baby had been to dinner every night and we had been friendly with the people. Since our baby was in the stroller asleep every night I guess they hadn't noticed that he was there. Our son slept through it and we had fun. Inappropriate, yes, but the baby didn't know any different. Go and have fun.

I have cruised with my kids on CCL since my youngest was 2 and oldest 8. I think CCL is a "fun ship" not a "party ship" as their old reputation suggests. Personally, I prefer them over RCCL. And what I love about CCL is they take the 2 yo, potty trained or not, into camp. My son had a blast.

Personally, I waited until my DS was 2, just so I could use camp for some adult time, and he had plenty of things to entertain him. Before that, we stuck to things like a beach house or hotel where we had more space.

Archived