Bars/ cool place to hang out in town

AIMS312

I think we are going to book with Marvin or Bryan for Stingray City, but that is only 3 hours or so. Is there any place to hang out, get a good drink, and have a good time in town while waiting to get back on the boat?

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...
I think we are going to book with Marvin or Bryan for Stingray City, but that is only 3 hours or so. Is there any place to hang out, get a good drink, and have a good time in town while waiting to get back on the boat?

Thanks

Go to HammerHeads, fun bar to hang out. Ask if Chris or Eric are behind the bar , if so have Chris make you a HappyTrails! If he ask why- just tell him a friend of his from Billy Bones said to try one. Believe me, you will be very happy after a few! Enjoy:)

Jolly is Hammerheads on or near the beach? Do you know of a fun bar on the beach? I just want to hang out, get some sun and some drinks.

Thanks.

Hammerheads is right on the water near town. No beach just ironshore.

You could try: Billy Bones @ Treasure Island resort & condos on SMB. Yes, they are on the beach. At this moment Billy Bones opened a small tiki bar right on the beach while they repair the pool bar due to hurricane damage.

I'm not sure if the Reef Grill bar is open on SMB. Just a quick walk down the beach from Billy Bones. They too are repairing.

Or you can go to the Sea Grape down by the public beach on SMB. Across from the Holiday Inn.

I will be on the island tomorrow and check these places out. Will give a report next week.

Billy Bones and Hammerheads are our favorites!

I really appreciate the feedback, I was in GC in December with a girlfriend of mine. She took me to a part of the beach that had nothing going on except a dirty restroom, a hose to shower off, the bar had a radio for music that wasn't even tuned in, no shade or umbrellas and very few loungers. Basically it was worse than camping. I want the beach atmosphere with some fun going on and the opportunity to walk the beach. Please let me know about your visit to GC.

Thanks, J.

Archived