help with 2 kayak excursions

estella15

I tried doing a seach on this, but the CC search function seems to be down, so...

Has anyone done a kayak excursion in Grand Cayman? DH and I would like to do one, but we're having trouble finding info/reviews. The two I have found so far are:

1) Kayak Safari through Carnival, but I'm pretty sure the vendor is actually Atlantis Adventures. The decription says that the tour goes to "secluded shorelines, inlets, bird-nesting areas, sea grass, and mangrove communities." There is also 30 minutes of snorkeling during the tour. $75 per person.

2) Kayak tour and Seven Mile Beach break through Island Marketing. This one starts out near the tender pier and goes along the shoreline (past the Shipwreck of the Cali and the hidden cove) to Seven Mile Beach. There is some "beach break" time, then you kayak back to the starting point. $55 per person.

Has anyone done either of these tours, or any other kayaking tours in Grand Cayman. Also, does anyone have a sense of which would be more enjoyable (i.e. more to see, better guides, etc)? Thanks!

Archived