San Francisco Hotel ? Mercury 10-3-04

Eagle1

No suggestions on a specific hotel, but I'd try booking through a discounter, Hotwire.com, or Hotels.com or one similar so you'll get a price break. Some don't give you the name of the hotel prior to booking, other do. But even without names, you can book by the number of stars ... stick with 4 or 5 stars and you can't go wrong. I've use Hotwire several times and been pleased. icon_biggrin.gif

High Seas Gal

Northern California

NCL Sky Jun. 2000 (ALASKA)

NCL Sky Aug. 2001 (ALASKA)

Princess Regal Princess Jul. 2002 (ALASKA)

NCL Sun Sep. 2003 (ALASKA)

Celebrity Mercury Oct. 2004 (Mexico)

Also being discussed on thr Princess board

"johnmik1

posted 04-09-04 06:37 AM 04-09-04 09:37 AM

Last September we went from SFO to the Tuscan Inn on the wharf(3 blocks from the pier)and it was $55 with a tip."

I am looking for the rest of the discussion...

I found this also from Catmand, " Wow........nice little deal is an understatement. THAT is a great deal. I had to go into the City this morning, the BART fare has gone up since the first of the year, I don't know what the muni fare would be but we were thinking of taking BART in from Pittsburg. The one way fare would be $25 dollars and we would have to worry about getting home!

I think the fact that you will get a ride to and from as well as park your car is worth the $116 alone, never mind the room LOL.

When we stay in town we usually stay at the Beresford which is about a 10 minute walk to Union Square. I is a restored hotel from the early 1900's. great rooms, good service and rates under $100......but it is about a $10 cab ride to the ship (not bad) and when we drive in and have our car with us, the parking fee is $20 a day (which still isn't bad for S.F.) not that we would stay there before the cruise but just an example of what a great deal you got."

noj

Fair Princess - Aug '95

Sea Princess - Aug '99

Rhapsody of the Seas Apr 2001

Mercury - Feb 2003

Coral Princess May 2003

[This message was edited by noj on 04-12-04 at 08:07 PM.]

[This message was edited by noj on 04-12-04 at 08:09 PM.]

[This message was edited by noj on 04-12-04 at 08:11 PM.]

We are staying in San Francisco Post Cruise. I bid $50 on Priceline for a three star/Fisherman's Warf. I didn't get it so I added Union Square/Embarcaderio Area. Bingo. 3 Stars/Chancelor at Union Square. It's right on the trolly line that goes down to Fishermen's Warf. It's a Boutique Hotel/3 star AAA.

I'll report back after our 4/25/04 stay. Bottom line, Priceline has worked for me in the past and hopefully again this time!

Sharon

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary on the Mercury on the March 28th sailing out of San Francisco. We loved it!!!

I bid $64.00 for a 2 1/2 star and got the Radisson on Fisherman's Wharf. With tax and priceline fees, the total was $79.03, a teriffic value! Radisson.com wanted $191.00(including tax and parking) for the same room(King). At check in, we were told that if we didn't mind having a room with 2 queen beds, we would be able to see the Mercury in Pier 35 from our hotel window the next morning. What a sight that was!!! And the $23 parking fee was waived. We were told "Happy Anniversary"!

The location of this hotel was awesome! Just one block from Pier 39.

The hotel was a bit tricky to navigate as it was u-shaped but we were very

pleased with the Radisson and would definately stay there again.

Sue

Archived