Carnival Dream Wedding

:mad:

Just booked the Dream for August 28. Called the Wedding Department and they said they are wide open for shipboard weddings in St. Thomas. Can't decide if I want to go through Carnival and have an onboard wedding or use a local planner and have a beach wedding!!! Decision, decisions, decisions.

My wife and 2 kids are crusing on Carnival Dream August 28. We were married on Carnival 4 years ago and they gave us a great wedding. We bought the video package wedding where they video tape and take pictures and provide a wedding cake and champagne toast. It was very classy.

MrsBuzz2010 - Cruiseaddict70 - Shaybear

We are all dying to hear how your wedding went on the Dream! Please share your details with us. What worked, what didn't... any feedback you'd like to share! How were your pictures, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

MrsBuzz2010 - Cruiseaddict70 - Shaybear

We are all dying to hear how your wedding went on the Dream! Please share your details with us. What worked, what didn't... any feedback you'd like to share! How were your pictures, etc.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys!

Yes, what's going on? Why don't we see any reviews from the Dream's brides. It's kind of discouraging. We hope you would have something good to say about your experiences. Please share! Thanks

• 2 months later...

Hi Guys

For those of you that have booked your wedding on the dream or have already had your wedding on the dream, was there a chapel or did you do it on the ship somewhere. I found on a website that the dream has NO chapel! I dont think I want to be in a lounge somewhere for my vow renewal! Also, were you able to have the ceremony at sea on a sea day or no? I read that you cannot have it on formal night and those are always sea days, I called Carnival and they couldnt give me a straight answer to anything so I would appreciate your help:)

thanks alot!!

Hi Guys

For those of you that have booked your wedding on the dream or have already had your wedding on the dream, was there a chapel or did you do it on the ship somewhere. I found on a website that the dream has NO chapel! I dont think I want to be in a lounge somewhere for my vow renewal! Also, were you able to have the ceremony at sea on a sea day or no? I read that you cannot have it on formal night and those are always sea days, I called Carnival and they couldnt give me a straight answer to anything so I would appreciate your help:)

thanks alot!!

DD got married on the Dream April 10th. To be honest, I don't remember if it had a chapel or not. Her wedding was on embarkation day in the main show lounge with the reception in the disco. Overall, it was fantastic. The lounge looked very nice, and pictures were phenomenal. I don't know if all the photographers were as good as hers, but we couldn't have asked for better pictures.

Formal nights are not ALWAYS on sea days. Sometimes they're on a port day when the ship is leaving relatively early. You would need to look at the itinerary or ask someone who's been on the specific one you're looking at to check.

Quote - We are all dying to hear how your wedding went on the Dream! Please share your details with us. What worked, what didn't... any feedback you'd like to share! How were your pictures, etc. - Quote

If you have any more specific questions, please let me know, and I'll be happy to answer them.

No, I didn't have time to do one, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. We had a great time, but some things were a little different - not bad, just different.

I can't think of any right now, I was just inquiring:o

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
No, I didn't have time to do one, but I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have. We had a great time, but some things were a little different - not bad, just different.

Do you know the name of the photographer? Also, what things were different? I read another bride said the officiant was off to the side and the bride and groom faced the guests. Was it that way for your daughter?

The photographer's name was Karel, but I don't think you get a choice. We brought our own pastor from our church, and that part was just as it is in a church - the pastor in the back and the bride and groom face each other.

I just meant that it's different in that it's not a church; it was in the big show lounge, so the "walking down the aisle" is different in that Andrea walked down one of the aisles; all the people were in the center section, so some were not that close, but it was fine. You're allowed only about 15 minutes for the ceremony itself, then when it's done, they whisk you off to the reception that lasts for only 90 minutes. Andrea had NO food at all at the reception because they were busy talking to people, dancing, cutting the cake, doing the garter, etc. In the end, though, she was extremely pleased with everything. Those same things could have happened even in a traditional ceremony.

• 7 months later...

I know this thread is old, but seems like a lot of you are having/had weddings on the Dream. I'm getting married at St.Thomas but the timing does not allow me to get my makeup done at the port.

Any of you did their makeup on the Dream? Or know if they even offer makeup services?

Thanks a bunch!:o

Sorry - can't be of much help. I was married in Port Canaveral before setting sail. Used a great stylst in Cocoa Beach area. I am sure they offer those services. The spa on the ship is huge!

Have fun and good luck! We had a fabulous wedding cruise :)

• 3 months later...
Just wondering if anyone else had booked a wedding via Carnival Dream? We're not getting married on the ship instead in St. Thomas but I would love to hear from other people who are excited as I am about the Dream!

How was the wedding. A friend of mine is doing the on Jan 28, 2012. In St.Thomas......any advice??

We are getting married aboard the Dream April 28, 2012. Where are all the reviewers? I want to know where you guys got your hair/makeup done, how things were handled the day of, etc. We have 33 ppl booked to sail with us, we're getting married embarkation day, I didn't want to get on the cruise and spend the first day or two (or three or four) worrying about wedding details...

Archived