Embassy Suites Miami Airport~Anyone?

4merlurker

Just got the Embassy Suites MIA on HOTWIRE for $61/night. :)

Has anyone stayed here?

I emailed e-suites and confirmed the comp. managers reception is 7 nights/week and comp. hot breakfast is every morning! Thats a great savings in itself! :D

~Lurker

• 1 month later...

We (DH & I) stayed there pre-cruise in March 2003. Sorry it's so long ago, but noone seems to be replying with more up to date info yet... It was a nice place. I always check out ES first--for the big rooms and the food. Sort of "jungle" (maybe tropical village) theme in the atrium. Great breakfast, as always with ES. The down side was the surrounding area's food choices. There was one "Appleby's"-type place within walking distance. We didn't really want to go exploring so just ordered pizza delivered and watched the football games on tv (must have been a Sunday). Room was nice. I think transportation to the port was about $20pp--you could probably go back to the airport and get a taxi for $25? total (it's a set fare). Free shuttle from the airport to hotel. Hope this helps and isn't too out of date.

Have a great first cruise! We use them to rest away from phones, kids, etc. but everyone seems to have a great time with the partying, too.

I too would like information on this hotel. We stayed in an Embassy Suites in California and loved it!! The breakfast was wonderful and yes the free cocktails weren't too bad either!!! We will be staying in Miami for two nights before our cruise and were really hoping to go to South Beach as well. Does anyone know how far this hotel is from the South Beach area? Thanks for your help.

Stayed there with about 10 other pre-cruise families on 12/17/04. $41 on Priceline. You can also take their shuttle to the port - about a 15 minute drive. They charged only $4 or $6 a person.

Hotel's a little old, but at that price ...

I'm a local, and although I have not stayed at the hotel (I am more familiar with the rooms inside Embassy FLL) I would not go for an evening stroll off the hotel premises after 11pm. The area has gotten a lot better, it's not a "bad" part of town, but the airport area hotel roads have attracted muggers in the past. I guess tourists are known for carrying cash and there are a lot of unlit areas here as opposed to the more dominated tourist areas where travellers stay for days. As for the hotel parking, it is well lit near the front and side of the building. I would park in those areas and leave nothing inside the car.

Archived