What is this? SS Orcades memorabilia

ladyoftherib

Hallo I recently found this brown pouch.. does anyone know what it was used for? It appears to be made of leather and obviously held something, maybe pens?

It came with a possibly silk scarf which has "Orient Line Oriental Cruise by 'Orcades' (28 000 tons) Sept-Oct 1957".

4033612596_edbf678b73_m.jpg

4033601500_1bbe6c3d0f_m.jpg

Hallo I recently found this brown pouch.. does anyone know what it was used for? It appears to be made of leather and obviously held something, maybe pens?

It came with a possibly silk scarf which has "Orient Line Oriental Cruise by 'Orcades' (28 000 tons) Sept-Oct 1957".

Hi ,

How good .the Orcades was the 1st cruise i sailed on ...way back in 1970 when P&O had it.

I notice from your cruise history that this time last year we were both on Rhapsody.....we are sailing again on her 1.12.09

cheers

col

My father served on the Orcades in the late 1950's. I'll forward this to him and see what he knows. But chances are once he sees it, he'll want it :)

i dont now what those items are yet but im looking.

just think of what the port would do or say if passegers did the today, the photo is the Orcades leaving Sydney Harbour in 1972.

image006.jpg

I just noticed the photo of the pouch is cut off! It measures five inches down and 2 inches across.

The scarf thingy is quite striking in a 1950s way, particularly the abstract geishas.

Thanks to all who have/are looking for me!

Yes, I can hardly wait to get back onboard Rhapsody of the Seas in April next year. We are going mega cheaply (inside cheapest cabin) because we spent so little time in the cabin last cruise we can use the money saved to do better things!

But this time around I am making a daily trip to the gym!!!!!!!!!:D

i dont now what those items are yet but im looking.

just think of what the port would do or say if passegers did the today, the photo is the Orcades leaving Sydney Harbour in 1972.

image006.jpg

I remember going down to Sydney Harbour in the late 1960s to wave my sister off on a cruise ship and the scene was just the same as this... what a shame we can't do it nowadays

• 6 years later...

I am reaching out to anyone who sailed on the Orcades, in 1956, from Tilbury to Vancouver, British Columbia. My family emigrated to Canada on that voyage and my siblings and I are planning a 60 year reunion of that event. It would be great to connect with anyone who might have memorabilia, photos, memories, etc. of the ship and the voyage.