Cruises for 30's and under

soaddictive

Hey Guys

I am thinking of doing my first cruise in May! I was looking to do a Greece/Turkey/Alexandria cruise and was looking at Royal Caribbean. However, I am not sure of the age group. I am taking a friend, but I really would like to meet other people that are close to my age!!

Any advice?

Thanks,

You're not really going to find anything that caters specifically to your age group. But, to try and find a lower average age, you need to concentrate on Royal Caribbean or NCL. But most cruises in that area of the world tends to attract older passengers and lots of families, especially if you cruise in May or after August. Once kids are out of school, the age does lower, but then you get the kids.

Congratulations on thinking about cruising :):) It's a lot of fun and an easy way to travel solo. I took my first solo cruise last month and had a blast.

Since you already have a destination in mind, you're getting close to picking a cruise! What an AWESOME area to visit:D There aren't that many cruise ships that visit Alexandria, so that narrows your choices right down.

Royal Caribbean's Navigator of the Seas would be a great choice - lots of great ports and a new, big ship with lots to do. The newer, bigger ships tend to attract younger people, so hopefully you will meet some people your age.

If you decide Alexandria is not a necessity, you will find lots more cruise ships going to Greece & Turkey. In that case, you could also include Carnival & Norwegian as cruiselines that appeal toward younger cruises.

That being said, my solo cruise was a 10-day Alaska cruise during the school year on Celebrity, on an older, smaller ship...or essentially the exact type of cruise that DOESN'T typically appeal to younger cruises. Regardless - I had a fantastic time (and I'm 23 ;)) - and was able to meet people my age. Were there tons of 20 & 30 somethings? No. But there were enough to hang out with and have a great time. Plus, I found that a lot of crew members were really social (when they had time) and they were typically in their 20s and 30s.

In other words, the obvious choice is the RCCL Navigator of the Seas with stops in Greece, Turkey, Egypt, and Italy, but if you decide to venture out to a different cruiseline, you should still be able to have a wonderful time.

Archived