beach ? - all inclusive vs DIY

koolaid71

hey kids,

so the wife and some friends (all in our 30's, all up for a good time) are stopping @ progresso for the first time in early december. our main goal is to find a nice beach, have some drinks, and enjoy sun and sand. from what i've read on the boards, there are ample open beaches available. on our last cruise, the wife and i just bussed and cabbed it to beaches at every port of call, and had a grand old time sans excursions.

however, i saw the corona beach party ad on the carnival website, which is $40 for open bar & bus fare, but no food included. and i'm trying to figure out which is a better deal, price wise. in ya'lls opinion, would we be better off just taking the bus into town, walking to a beach, and ordering our drinks a la carte, or dropping the $40 and hitting the open bar?

side question. anyone know if this is a relatively secure beach? as in, will our bags will somewhat safe on the beach? or is it open to the general public?

second side question - is it worth bringing our snorkel gear? is the water too cloudy?

and third - it'll still be good swimming weather in december, yeah?

thanks! looking forward to the cruise.

$40.00 for the Coronal Beach Party? Beer anywhere along the Malecon (beachside street) is only $2.00. Seems to be a lousy value. No snorkling. It's the gulf, not the Caribbean. Bus to the beach? It's a two or three block walk from where the courtesy bus will drop you. For good food try Le Saint Bonnet. The whole deep fried snapper is great. And so fresh.

You can drink a lot beer and Margaritas and have an outstanding meal in Progreso for $40.

"For good food try Le Saint Bonnet. The whole deep fried snapper is great. And so fresh" I could not make a better recomendation than Le Saint Bonnet. Best food on the beach, The snapper is also my favorite and if you are not careful you can hurt yourself on their Margaritas. For a snack on the beach try the fresh fish tacos. (It's not Taco Bell- it's real tacos)

Archived