DVDs on the Jade

Eurovisionfan

Being in a suite, we've got the luxury of a DVD player, which started me wondering what DVDs are available to hire? I've had a search, but no-one seems to have uploaded a DVD menu!

We prefer romcoms, rather than blockbusters... As we're on board for 14 nights, it might be nice to have a "night in"!

And not that we're planning to bring any DVDs with us to watch - but is the DVD player multi-region, or will it just play US DVDs?

We didn't use the DVDs or players on the Jade, but have on the Pearl and Sun. On both ships we used our own DVDs, US Region, so I'm not sure if players were multi-regional AND we borrowed some from the ship. The DVD list (book) was rather extensive, but I remember on the Pearl and Sun in the OS, my daughters had to go through MANY requests (maybe 10-12 movies) before they found any that were available (they had all been taken out or else not available at all). They were looking for more current movies, so maybe that makes a difference. The list was long though, and had new movies as well as old. They also have loops of movies on at least two/three stations on the TV (2 stations of new movies, one of old movies)- that is what I watched for days on the Jade when I was injured and awake all night. On our cruise, we are bringing a few DVDs and music CDs, in case we have the time and inkling to stay in - it really is a lovely thing to do on such a long cruise. You might tuck one or two into your suitcase just in case, the players might be multi-regional.

Robin

We brought our own too. It really doesn't take up any room to pack. I know that people are shocked that one might watch a DVD on a vacation, but sometimes my husband wakes up in the night and his eyes don't always work for reading... so the DVD is nice entertainment at 3:00 am.

Nancy

Archived