Paris river cruise dock location

thuyronald

Hello,

I'm going on the Avalon/Globus France river cruise and would like to know if anyone has information to the location where the ship would be docked in Paris.

I'm trying to get a hotel near the docking area.

Thanks.

Twee

Hi, we`re hoping to do a Grand France tour next year too. Just a completely uninformed comment but maybe you dont want a hotel too near the docks? Check Tripadvisor for a good hotel in Paris & get a taxi to the boat on the day? Just a thought! Docks in big cities can be pretty seedy places!

Hello,

I'm going on the Avalon/Globus France river cruise and would like to know if anyone has information to the location where the ship would be docked in Paris.

I'm trying to get a hotel near the docking area.

Thanks.

Twee

You really don't want to do that. I suggest you stay in the 5th,6th or 7th arr and take a taxi. Are you talking a precruise or postcruise stay? DH and I are taking the Burgundy/Provence cruise with Avalon next April and have reserved a room at the Hotel Valadon for 2 days precruise.The Hotel Valadon is in the Rue Cler area and only about a 10 minute walk to the Tour Eiffle.Webfoot who also posts on here has reserved at the same hotel just before us for the Grand France cruise. The Hotel Valadon is a tiny place with only 12 rooms and has fantastic reviews on Tripadvisor and Fodors. The price is very reasonable at 135 euro including breakfast.Paris has great public transportation and is really easy to get around..

Avalon uses the Le Meridien Montparnase hotel which is nice but not so French feeling imho, It is more like a business type hotel and I really prefer the more Europeon local hotels.You might like something else.

We have been to Paris many times and will not be staying in Paris other than one day before we get on the ship. We have a limited budget so really can't afford any place fancy and would be doing public transport to get around. If I can find a hotel near the general area of the dock and use public transport to get there, I would prefer that. We will be getting to Paris late afternoon the day before, so won't be spending too much time at the hotel.

We currently have reservation near the Hotel de Ville and just wanted to see if there is a better option.

I wanted to know where the ship will be docking so I can plan ahead to where I need to be.

We are truly excited to be doing this cruise and can hardly wait until April.

We're on the April 26th sailing.

We have not used Globus/Avalon before so are looking forward to comparing it with GCT.

Twee

Several cruise ships dock near the Citroen Park in the 15th.l am sure if you just call Avalon they will give you the information.I have used Avalon/Globus many times and they are always very helpful.Ii sounds like you know know Paris better than I do if you have been there many times.We are taking a French river cruise with Avalon In April but our ship does not depart from Paris.

We are actually doing two cruises in one trip. The first one starts in Paris and goes north then come back to Paris. We will then be bussed to our next dock south of Paris Chalon-sur-Saône to embark on our second cruise, finishing in Arles.

We got a really good deal and are only paying $2500 per person for both of those cruises ( no air).

Twee

Yes I know. We got a great deal too and are doing the Burgundy -Provence cruise that you are doing second,We depart on 4/18. "Webfoot" is doing the Grand France also but she starts on 4/13. You will enjoy Avalon I am sure and I will be interested in how you compare Avalon to GCT upon your return. Webfoot and her DH are also staying at the Hotel Valadon. On Tripadvisor the Hotel Valadon is rated #19 in Paris so I think the price of 135 euro is very reasonable.I do not know anything about your hotel so I can't comment.I hope you enjoy your rivercruise.

I second everything that letsgo39 said ... we can't wait for the trip .. and being able to book it (with the Provence extension) so reasonably, we are doubly happy!!!!

This will be my 3rd Avalon River Cruise in 3 years ...

Hi all, I`m doubly unhappy as we seem to have to pay double for the Grand France trip if booking from Europe. I dont know why. Just quoted £4050 ($6645)each for Uniworld and £3600 ($5907) each for Avalon. Its not that we cant afford it or are mean Scots:D Its just seems too cheeky & we feel we`re being completely ripped off.Maybe they just dont want us mixing with the Americans!

Will persevere with TA armed with info from this site. Thanks all!

Well we want you. The more different countries the more the fun.That is one of the things I like about Avalon, the nationality mix.

The special deal we got was not from Avalon but rather a special offered only thru an online travel agent that we alwys use. It was their own discount for 2 for 1. Avalon is offering discounts on air now but I guess that would not help you at all.

Pretty sure that the deal that your TA is offering you actually does come from Globus. I know since I got it from a different agent. So our Scotch friend should bring it up to her TA, but unfortunately probably still wont make any difference.

Well we want you. The more different countries the more the fun.That is one of the things I like about Avalon, the nationality mix.

The special deal we got was not from Avalon but rather a special offered only thru an online travel agent that we alwys use. It was their own discount for 2 for 1. Avalon is offering discounts on air now but I guess that would not help you at all.

Thanks all. I used the prices you quoted on this site when talking to TA & lo and behold got decent discount & flights & all transfers included! It pays to be a cruise critic reader!

Archived