Taxi or Tour to Indian River

flipflops vs skiboots

• 2 weeks later...

We took tour with Levi Baron(Bumping tours) in April up to the Indian River. It was about an hour ish drive either way, but flew by with the stunning scenery and Levi's info and stories. Also took us to Fort in Portsmouth as plenty of time to spare and also to viewing point over Rosseau. He also arranged the trip on the river boat. The riverboat guy was called James Bond(allegedly) and was a fantastic guide with loads of info on surroundings and great tales of Johnny Depp and co when they were there filming Pirates 2. Both had worked with them and my girls and I both lapped up the gossip! The trip up the river was out of this world, so surreal but be warned only have one cocktail when you stop to turn around, they are lethal and I'm an experienced cocktail consumericon12.gif!!! Personally, the trip was the highlight of my cruise. I think it was $60 for adults with a bit of discount for kids, that included trip up river, local beers and soft drinks from cooler all day. If you check out Bumping Tours, i think its down as North Island tour but I just emailed Levi and told him what we wanted to do, well in advance as he's a popular guy. We were lucky and got him and his seven seater van all to ourselves that day. He says he likes to do the north tour, as not to many people travel up there and its like a day out to him! You'll see from previous posts that most do local tours from Rosseau, leave them tourists behind and do this one!! It was a fantastic day and take it with Levi and you will not be disappointed. But you don't have to take my word for it, there's one or two (hundred) others that say the same! hope this helps. Have a great timeicon7.gif!!

Archived