Disney Magic Dry Dock

Eventide331

Curious to know when Magic was last dry docked and what changes were made? Also, Castaway Cay is being revamped/adding additional things and wondering if anyone has been there in the last week or so to see if it is a construction mess or how much is completed. The Disney web site said it would be complete by summer 2010. We are going to be there the first week of February and wondered at what stage it will be in. Thanks!

As it stands now, unless there is another last minute dry dock change, the Magic is scheduled for dry dock the day she comes back from Europe late Sept 2010. I dont remember the date off hand, but her first regularly sched cruise after drydock, is a Western on Oct 16th 2010(Im booked on that trip)

I cant speak for what she is supposed to get done, but I can say with certainty that shell at least get a bottom cleaning and paint job all around, and a inspection all around also.Past that, I am not sure.

As far as CC, Ive heard that the water slide has been delivered,but am not sure if its in use yet.I would think that possibly the Flying Dutchman, may start receiving attention, as they are supposed to be starting production soon on a 4th Pirates movie. I am not sure if the Dutchman is supposed to be in it or not, but I would assume that if she is, theyll prob start to clean her up etc. as the last time we were there, she had a list to port when she was floating off the sand bar.

Thanks for passing your knowledge along! After posting, I did read that the tv's had been updated to flat screens. I kinda assumed that would mean it just came out of dry dock but I suppose not.

I hope that CC has some of the new stuff by February. Probably wishful thinking. Construction is rarely ahead of the promised completion date.

Your welcome. The ships by maritime law, have to go into dry dock twice in a 5 year period for inspections etc. (roughly every other year) Magic was in DD in Va, in early August of last year, and the Wonder just came out this month.

I would think that the slide should be up and running since it went to the island in one piece. Past that I honestly dont know.

We were at CC this past Saturday. As previously mentioned, the water slide is in place, but not yet open for use. We were told it won't be used until Spring of 2010. :(

L1040021.jpg

Work is also underway to lengthen the dock and upgrade the docking hardware and the concrete decking along the pier.

All things considered, the work that is in progress does nothing to diminish the appearance and utility of the beaches.

Archived