Room service water hot enough to brew coffee?

Kluge

A thread on a different board got me thinking - Margaret and I have enjoyed our favorite coffee - Peet's French Roast - for many years. She won't drink "regular" coffee. (I'm less particular.) Anyway, we were planning to bring our own coffee, with some small filters and a drip cone designed to drip the coffee right into your cup or mug. But now I'm wondering if room service will bring hot water that's hot enough to brew good coffee? We're leaving on the Eurodam Saturday so I'm thinking that if I'm going to need to get somethign to boil water with I should get started...

A thread on a different board got me thinking - Margaret and I have enjoyed our favorite coffee - Peet's French Roast - for many years. She won't drink "regular" coffee. (I'm less particular.) Anyway, we were planning to bring our own coffee, with some small filters and a drip cone designed to drip the coffee right into your cup or mug. But now I'm wondering if room service will bring hot water that's hot enough to brew good coffee? We're leaving on the Eurodam Saturday so I'm thinking that if I'm going to need to get somethign to boil water with I should get started...

On the Westerdam in May, I'd order Hot Chocolate from Room Service every few hours. It was delivered with the water in a thermal carafe (large enough for 2 cups of Hot Chocolate), 2, cups and 2 packets of hot chocolate mix.

The water was so hot that I'd have to let my hot chocolate sit for a couple of minutes to cool down before I could drink it.

The carafe kept the water hot for about an hour.

Joanie

Probably, just let them know it needs to be boiling???

It would be easier to pack a small 4-cup coffee maker and make your own. :)

I thought it was against safety regs to bring on any kind of electrical appliance -- kettles, irons, coffee pots, and such.

I have a french press, and take it to the Lido for hot water from the dispenser -- THAT is definitely hot enough to make a good cup of coffee.

I thought it was against safety regs to bring on any kind of electrical appliance -- kettles, irons, coffee pots, and such.

I have a french press, and take it to the Lido for hot water from the dispenser -- THAT is definitely hot enough to make a good cup of coffee.

I'll admit I could be wrong here.... It's never occurred to me; but if it were an issue I don't see how a coffee pot would be much different than my curling iron...

I also use a french press, and for room service we order hot tea, and the pot has hot water that works great in the french press. If you have not done it, you can use the tea bags to make fresh ice tea, which is far superior to the instant tea in the ice tea machines......

We too are fans of Peets. Most coffee you order with meals will be lukewarm if it is a cappuchino type drink. Straight coffee will be a little better but typically not hot. For hot and good coffee, go to Explorations and buy it. They do a nice job and the prices are reasonable.

Gary

I also use a french press, and for room service we order hot tea, and the pot has hot water that works great in the french press. If you have not done it, you can use the tea bags to make fresh ice tea, which is far superior to the instant tea in the ice tea machines......

Okay, I'll give that a try next cruise. Thanks for the first-hand report :) (won't be making iced tea, though -- not a preferred beverage!)

Archived