RCI Ench. of the Seas > problems

1. Parrotthead is a very good-natured, laid-back cruiser (known her for years via CC), if she says something was bad, then it was BAD!.:eek:

2. I am not such a good-natured nor laid-back cruiser, and if I found myself stuck on a boat with no air, I'd be sleeping on my balcony and demanding a refund.;)

This situation sounds terribly awful, no question about it.:mad:

Thanks T-Dawg:)

Just returned from our Enchantment cruise. Air conditioning in the room was working fine. It was actually too cold at times. Didn't encounter any unfriendly crew, or dirty silverware. While no cruise is perfect we didn't have any major complaints other than our dining room servers seemed very inexperienced. We would cruise on Enchantment again without hesitation.

Just returned from our Enchantment cruise. Air conditioning in the room was working fine. It was actually too cold at times. Didn't encounter any unfriendly crew, or dirty silverware. While no cruise is perfect we didn't have any major complaints other than our dining room servers seemed very inexperienced. We would cruise on Enchantment again without hesitation.

My a/c was also fine. My dining room servers were top notch. I did have lobster once I sent it back to have it served without that awful white sauce they doused it in. What's that about? As for as sanitary issues, I found the men's room on deck 4, outside the My Fair Lady dining room was disgusting. There was a foul odor and during the dinner hours when it was used a lot no one came to clean up the overflowing wastebaskets. The other issue is the filthy-looking pool towels. Even though they are laundered there were plenty of unsightly stains.

But I'll save the best for last. One morning I was sitting in the Centrum Deck 5 looking out the curved window. On the outside there was an ashtray on the wall. I saw a man walk over, fish out a half-smoken cigaretter. Put it in his mouth and light it!

But I'll save the best for last. One morning I was sitting in the Centrum Deck 5 looking out the curved window. On the outside there was an ashtray on the wall. I saw a man walk over, fish out a half-smoken cigaretter. Put it in his mouth and light it!

EEEEEEWWWWWWWW:eek: Thats so disgusting.

Just back from our cruise also on the Enchantment. Everything was fine except our speaker in our room for the announcements did not work.... but I did not mind that. :D

I thought the service was great. We used My Time Dining. We have cruised just once before and it was on this ship 2 years ago. At that time our waiter was Ajay. To our surprise we had him on our first night. I mentioned to my husband that they see thousands of guests and we did not mention it. After awhile he came up to us and asked if we had cruised before ! He said I looked familiar. I was so amazed ! He is a great waiter. We had different waiters on the 3 nights that we ate in the dining room.

I am sitting here swaying. Hub said he did not notice it. That is until he just got out of the shower just now :eek: I have heard that is the worst time to notice it LOL

It was a great cruise but I feel like I have been gone a month ! I need some sleep !

It is interesting how those on the same cruise can report such different experiences. So I can't speak for anyone else, but our family was on EOS in June 09 and everyone had a great time.

The upgrade fairy put us on deck 7, outside, in the stretch section. None of us had any problems with the AC, water, or anything else. Cabin service and attendants were great, very friendly at all times. Dining room service was equally outstanding and friendly at all times. Other crew members were constantly cleaning the staircases, halls, and other public areas.

I did hear that the service schedule for EOS had changed to every 5 years from every 3 or something like that. Cost savings. It could just be that some mechanicals are really beyond their maintenance time and are not holding up like they had hoped.

All in all, if I had an upcoming cruise scheduled on EOS I wouldn't worry, it's still a nice ship.

We recieved the same letter yesterday. We have a cruise booked three days after the certificates expire. I wonder if they will let me apply them to that cruise.

They probably will. I recently used some certificates that had expired. When I made our reservation last week I asked about using the certificates, which I had misplaced. The representative found the details on our account and said he would work to apply to our account. I got a call the next day asking me if I realized they had expired and I told them I was not aware as I could not find them. I got a call the following day telling me that they had applied them to my account. Obviously I am quite happy about the result.

I think they will too. I called Royal Caribbean and my travel agent called as well. We were both told that you had to book by the expiration date (although the certificate says you must sail by the expiration date). My travel agent sent them in so we'll see what happens.

Archived