Capital One or Santanda Zero?

Looking for a credit card to replace my Nationwide card which no longer offers zero foreign exchange rate outside of Europe. Going cruising in the Caribbean next year, and trying to find the best card possible to cut out all those hidden charges.:confused:

Saw Capital One as an ideal card, but then could not find it on comparison sites. However, what seems to be coming out as the best card is Santanda Zero - but are their exchange rates competitive?

Post Office cards also seem to be coming out as good cards, but I see they charge 2.5% for cash withdrawals.

Can anybody throw any light on this for me. (Not very good with things like this!!!!). I just want a card that will offer me good rates of exchange and not charge for it!:eek:

Am I asking too much:eek:

Capital One is the one a lot of people , including us, use. NO currency exchange fees. ANd you will get the going rate for the day. Which you will note on your bills, will most likely move slightly from day to day.

If you go to their website, you can get a high yield money market account that comes with a debit card (and checks) linked to that account. Then too when we withdraw money from an ATM we don't pay the exchange rate. Will have to pay any bank fees at the particular atm bank. We fill that account when traveling out of the country. And only use it for travling.

Now...since you are just cruising in the Caribbean, a lot of places you would buy things show you the U.S dollar cost. So there won't be an exchange rate. They will charge you in dollars. Due to tourisim being the number one source of income, you won't have too much trouble paying in US dollars. Won't need individual country's currency.

Archived