p & O Pre Booked Flight Seats

redbarry

We have just returned from Panama Canal Cruise (Oceana) thought the seating dreadful - 2-3-2 so 5 couples were not seated together as there are 9 rows in Premium. Not allowed to pre book seats, were told they were allocated according to when the holiday booked, told at check in allocated upon check in, my husband and I were not lucky to get seats together but had seats together on return. Found out there were 6 couples booked after us so can only presume the check in person gave our seats to the people who sat in out outwards seats on return flight if we go by P&O rules! No -one seems to know the exact rules but I intend to find out!! Rtn flt we were told we were stopping as Sandford for 2 hrs then we were dumped for 6 hrs there! A letter was given to us on the plane to explain stopover but no mention of 6 hrs, they knew well in advance as they had to replace the pilot and he had been flown out before to have his 15 hrs rest before he could fly us back.....Lounge cold, not enough blankets to go around told to share, not given pillows. Had to sleep on floor due to all seats having arms. No gifts or fragrances loaded on aircraft to sell, limited tobacco & spirits, no ice, no slimline tonic, no wine with meal and no ice cream and not always sat together - shame on P&O for taking our £400 for this "premium" seating. There were some passengers in their 80's it is driscraceful for them to be treated like this - I will never cruise with P&O again if they use Thomson/Frist choice. The right thing would have been to keep us on board in Acapulco until later but we felt that they had to get rid of us in case we spoilt the enjoyment of their new oncoming passengers.:( If you are sticking with this company don't bother paying for premium its not worth it, go for economy you get your drinks included and same configuration of seats - put your money towards a better cabin or your bill.:D

We had problems with our premium economy booking last year when flying back from Montego Bay. We had no choice of meal as they had run out of chicken, we were told only beef left. Our friends who were not in premium seats had a choice. There was not a great deal of difference in the seat pitch for us as we are not very big people.

Never again will I waste my money on premium economy when flying with P & O or Princess. We were sent priority labels for our luggage, our luggage came off the flight 30 minutes after our friends, when I complained I was told that there was no priority luggage in Premium Economy and we should not have been sent the labels. The priority boarding and glass of bucks fizz is not enough to tempt us we will spend our money on other things.

Archived