What is on the interior of St. Martin?

Babygirlsmom

We rode the local buses pretty much over the whole island. There are a few neighborhoods, grocery stores, other local businesses to serve the local population. Like in the tourist areas, we found prices to be much higher on the French side than the Dutch side ... there wasn't anything really tourism-worthy to see, though we had fun chatting with the locals as we rode.

thanks for the info. I do like to get off the beaten path sometimes, but not sure this is the trip for that. We'll see. I do like to see how locals live, etc. With the ATV's we want to be respectful of locals as well as tourists, but also would like to "play" a little. Any advice on what we could do/where we could go for that without being obnoxious?:)

• 2 weeks later...

Probably not much for a tourist to see...grocery stores, Ace Hardware, Blockbuster video, the cable company, auto repair shops...you get the idea. The only place I would call "mountainous" is Pic Paradis, I think the elevation is about 1400 feet.

All the activities seemed to be based on the beaches in St. Martin. What is the interior like? Is it too mountainous for exploration? no roads? anything we could do with an ATV?

2 Years ago we rented a jeep & a four wheeler and just drove around getting really hot. The jeep was $95 and the four wheeler was $105. Not alot to see we got stuck in hot traffic that's what I remember about that day and $$$. Sorry I didn't have better news!

We did end up changing our plans. We are going to do the Resort Certification Scuba dive through the ship in the afternoon. So we are not doing the ATV thing. Thanks for all the responses though. It does explain why nobody really mentions the interior much. We still will want to do something in the morning. It is a Monday so I know some things are closed. The Yoda guy is probably one of the things our son will want to see and from there we'll probably do some shopping, etc. Thanks for the help.

Archived