Cozumel or Cabo

cruisin 07

Don't waste your time & money diving in Cabo. Cozumel is still one of the greatest dive locations in the world- absolutely beautiful, crystal-clear, calm, relaxing drift-diving. The people who live & work on Cozumel are hard working & friendly & your money goes a long way. Cabo is good for partying, not diving.

I agree with Cozumel being far superior. The only exception is if you are a very advanced diver and wanted to go out to Gordo Banks to dive with schooling hammerhead sharks - in that case Cabo.

Cozumel has amazing dives. There were 130+ dive ops there, and most of them are good. That should tell you something.

Cabo has far few dive sites, and most of them are quite nearby. One thing I didn't like was the amount of traffic, so many snorkel boats, or water taxis taking people to/from beaches there from the main port area. Very easy for accidents to happen.

Coz consistently ranks among the top dive spots in the world. Cabo, well... it's decent warm water diving. At least far better than cold water diving near Toronto (I don't dive near home here)

Archived