Would you Do a Sunset Cruise?

angnadam

We will be on the Serenade of the Seas and in Barbados from 11am-7pm. Since there aren't many options for tours, we are looking at the sunset cruise that is from 3pm-6pm and you get to "experience the setting sun and do the turtle and shipwreck stops as well". We will be docking in Barbados (vs tendering), so I think we should be okay, but wanted to see if others would do a tour like this that ends an hour before the ship is due to leave.

Any thoughts??

Thank you!! 39 days and counting :cool:

I too am thinking about that cruise (while staying on Barbados, not on a cruise) - it looks great. However, given your 7pm departure (which means you need to be on board by what, 6.30?) before committing to it, I would contact Silver Moon and ask if they can ensure you are back at the boat at that time. I would *also* (because I like to know my options) check to see how easy it would be to catch a flight to the next port of call - is there a flight the next day to your next port? how much would it cost if things went pear shaped? if it turns out there are only flights once or twice a week meaning I would end up having to catch up a few days later, I wouldn't risk it - who knows what might happen? When on a tour to Lanai'i last January, a man had a heart attack and naturally everyone else's travel plans went right to the bottom of the priority list - we didn't get back until hours after the scheduled hour.

I would book a sunset cruise through the cruiseline if possible. With only an hour to spare, that is taking a risk of getting back on time. Remember that usually you must be back on board at least 1/2 hour before sailing.

I have been on sunset cruises in Hawaii and Costa Rica, not Barbados, but find them very relaxing. It is a nice way to end the evening.

Archived