Oasis Inaugural Cabins Available

Two things. Price and time of year. We were booked on the first cruise but changed it until mid January. Too close to Christmas plus decided that RCI needed time to get the bugs worked out. Also when the Freedom entered service, RCI only sailed that ship at 75% occupancy for the first six sailings to give the crew some time to adjust to the ship. Depending on the level of fullness, they may not worry about reducing prices. They haven't so far but time will tell.

Two things. Price and time of year. We were booked on the first cruise but changed it until mid January. Too close to Christmas plus decided that RCI needed time to get the bugs worked out. Also when the Freedom entered service, RCI only sailed that ship at 75% occupancy for the first six sailings to give the crew some time to adjust to the ship. Depending on the level of fullness, they may not worry about reducing prices. They haven't so far but time will tell.

As high as the fares are for those of us already booked and paid....I think we've paid for a few empty cabins each in addition to our own. LOL :eek::D

Doing a simple search on orbitz, I found a large ammount of cabins still open for the Dec. 5th sailing. Its actually shocking its still that available. I wonder if this will be a common trend, non full sailings which will be a disaster, or just due to economic reasons.

Actually, another thing, on both companies --RCI and CCL-- quarterly earnings, they stated the guests are booking a lot closer to departure then they are used to. So maybe she will sail full for her maiden voyage.

You should see what they are having to drop some other sailings to around that times....quite:eek:...Freedom and Liberty were down to about as cheap as I have ever seen them.

I never thought of that! That would be a great idea to drop surrounding sailings to make them more full and attempt to fill up Oasis.

Archived