Super Bowl on EOS

We just realized the other day that we will be on the Explorer on Super Bowl Sunday.

Does anyone know if and where the game will be shown onboard?

It's been 8 years since I sailed on her and I remember the sports bar being rather small.

We just realized the other day that we will be on the Explorer on Super Bowl Sunday.

Does anyone know if and where the game will be shown onboard?

It's been 8 years since I sailed on her and I remember the sports bar being rather small.

Unless something happens to the satellite, it should be on in more than one place on board.

Booklady??? You don't have any action going on for that game now, do you? :D

have a great time.

many years ago we sailed during super bowl. They actually showed it in the theater. What fun we had. Everyone was hoppin' and hollarin'. Of course our ship didn't have a sports bar. I bet the action would be the same at the sports bar. They even brought out carts of hots dogs and popcorn. Yes,we had to buy our own beer.

They should have it playing in multiple locations, although dont be surprised if it is broadcasting in spanish. I was on Enchantment of the Seas 2 years ago during the Super Bowl and all we could get were Spanish channels, and they would fade in and out, but it was still a lot of fun. Enjoy and have a great time!

Mike

Murphs must've been onboard Explorer with us for the Super Bowl in Feb of 2007. Yes, the game was in Spanish, on ESPN International, so no "regular" Super Bowl commercials... Explorer will have the game on in the Sports Bar & all cabins, but RCI doesn't have a contract with the networks.

We got off Explorer today, and the World Series was also on in Studio B (the ice rink area) last night.

DW & I were on the NOS a couple years ago, when New England lost to the Gaints. They had a super bowl party set up in ice rink. Showed the game on a big screen at the front and on the some of the TV's mounted in the area. They set up chips, dip and hot dogs. Also the ran a couple of pools with squares going for $5. The ship also changed formal night due the game being on and everyone going to different areas on the ship for the game. All of the bars that had TV's also had super bowl parties going. It was great time, but we didn't get to see all the new TV ads.

Archived