Galveston Pier Question

Hi All!

16 days and counting until Rhapsody of the Seas! We're flying into Houston on the 22nd and overnighting there (our flight is really late). How early should I arrange transport to the pier? The cruise doc's say 12:00, but I don't want to be waiting aroung for hours until we can board (we're just regular- old C & A members with regular- old rooms- no suites for us!).

If someone could give me a bit of advice, I'd sure appreciate it!

Have a great day.

The last two years we have actually begun boarding at 12:00 noon. We have arrived around 11:00 to 11:15 to get checked in etc, but the actual boarding has not begun until around noon. That of course will vary week to week depending on how quickly they empty the ship etc.....

when we were on the ROS in October, the same thing. They began boarding about 11:45, we were on the ship by noon, but the cabin areas were off limits till 1:00. Carryied our carry ons to the Windjammer and had lunch.

Have fun - she is a great ship

Arrive no earlier than 11am. Officers at the pier will ask you if your boarding and if you are they will tell you to wait if you go earlier than that. Parking was $60.00/week the last 2 times we cruised here. This will be our 3rd time on rhapsody. If you are a crown & Anchor member just go to the crown & anchor line to board really fast......any other questions about it just email us at dharrison@hillsboro.net ........Doug & Debbie Harrison

Archived