Having trouble getting our tickets and travel documents

2oldjoe

Going on Costa out of Rome the end of November. Booked directly with Costa. Haven't Got tickets or other travel documents. Have called twice (today and a week ago)and both times they say they will e-mail them to us.

Is anybody else having same problem

I rec'd Costa eDocuments thru my TA for my 11/23 sailing this morning. Before that I printed my boarding pass thru the Costa's web check-in site. Hope I'll receive the stronger luggage tags to replace those printed ones attached with the said eDocuments.

I had the same issue with my 11/16 sailing on Romantica.

Called my TA, she found the docs buried in an email.....everything is electronic now, they don't mail the documents.

That said, they had my wife's passport info etc, but not mine. Even though I submitted at the same time. I went online again and did it at Costa's website....hopefully there are no issues. They say all passport info is needed 30 days ahead....but Ive booked last minute cruises before and havent had issues....

Anyway, even the luggage tags are electonric....

Do you really need cruise doc?

In my first 2 cruises with NCL and Carnival, I didn't get the cruise docs. Only went with my own notes of the booking ID and cabin numbers. No problem.

From then on, I NEVER brought any cruise doc, for the rest of the Carnival cruises. They've now gone digital anyway. I also didn't print any luggage tags. Every time only went with our booking IDs. The porters all have a list of the passengers by last name, and to confirm cabin number. They then give you luggage tags to write the name and cabin number on. Never a problem yet.

So for Costa, is there any need to print any cruise docs?

Costa emails cruise docs. If you booked with a TA, Costa emails cruise docs to your TA. TA should email them to you. As I booked with Costa and transferred booking to a TA Costa email docs to me and to the TA, and TA emailed them to me again the day after I got them from Costa. We are on the Dec. 20 sailing and received our e-docs last week. Still waiting for our Dec. 27 sailing e-docs.

They probably would not deny boarding to you if you did not have your travel documents or luggage tags, but why wouldn't you want to fill out the forms and put the luggage tags on ahead of time? To do this while going through the boarding process with thousands of other people is a real hassle and really slows down the line.

BTW, the luggage tags are very sturdy, because each sheet of paper used for a tag is supposed to be folded several times. There was a discussion about the tags on this board a while back when they first began being used, and I don't recall anyone complaining that the tags tore off.

They probably would not deny boarding to you if you did not have your travel documents or luggage tags, but why wouldn't you want to fill out the forms and put the luggage tags on ahead of time? To do this while going through the boarding process with thousands of other people is a real hassle and really slows down the line.

With Carnival, I had gone online to prefill all the info, passport, addr, flight, including credit card. So there is minimum to do when we get there.

If there is a place online we can do the same with Costa, we'll do that. I just never had a need to print any travel documents. If I ever had a need to, of course I'd use up the paper and ink to print. But never a need so far.

As for filling out luggage tags, it's a few seconds with the tags the porter gives to you. We usually have 1-2 bags/p to check in.

Do the documents arrive directly from Costa, or from the travel agency?

It depends on whether you booked directly with Costa or with a travel agency. I booked my Costa cruise through Vacations To Go, and got my e-docs from them.

Archived