Belize, Roatan, GC and Cozumel - easy dives

katondeck

I am looking for suggestions for easier dives at any of the four ports listed in the title. My Dh and I have been certified for a couple of years, but I had a baby and it has been a while since I have been able to dive. My ILs are coming with us on our cruise (NCL Sun) and have agreed to watch the baby while we dive. I am not great at equalizing - so I prefer shore dives.

Chankanaab Park or Eden Rock sound the best to me from what I have researched? Any suggestions/tips would be great. Thanks!

krusin'kat,

we can highly recommend "el Clavado" dive shop at Chakanaab for a shore dive. Miguel Fuentes is great and probably one of the most patient divemasters we have ever dealt with! It is the middle of the three dive shops near the restaraunt and shower rooms. great people to deal with!!

I did a discovery dive in Roatan - my husband is an advanced diver and did an additional dive after me. We were both very happy with our day -

I booked it through roatansaltnpepper.com.... James was our dive master (actually owns happy divers there on the west side). He was great to work with!

The fees also included lunch at the resort saltnpepper do their tours out of...this has got to be the best lobster ever!!!

What about doing a refresher course? It's reccommended for anyone who hasn't been in the water for some time, and that way your first dive will be conducted for an instructor, and in a smaller group??

I always tell my students that if it's been more than a year it's a very good idea.

Archived