Is it worth it?

flyingandcruising

We are planning on going to Trunk bay in December, but want to return to charlotte at around 1pm to go shopping and do some sight seeing downtown. The ship is supposed to arrive at 7am. So assuming that docking is on time, is it worth going to trunk bay for only a couple hours?

would we be better off going to Magens bay and leave trunk bay for the next time that we might come back?

thanx

I don't think you want to do that. Between the cost of taxis and water shuttle and the time it takes, you'll want to spend the full day at Trunk Bay. If you want to go to the beach and shopping for any length of time, there are good beaches on St Thomas (Magens Bay, as you mentioned) that would make more sense for you, but I've never been to them because every time I go to ST Johns for the day (4 times, I think). I time I did go to town first once, did some quick shopping and then took the shuttle from town to St Johns, for the return trip we went to Red Hook because the shuttle runs later to there. Keep the schedules in mind (I would google for them) and the fact that the taxi ride can be slow coming back to the ship from Red Hook due to traffic. Maybe someone else can help with info on that.

Archived