Shark Ray Alley in Belize

dhay

Hi guys- I am also posting this here since this gets more traffic and you guys have been so helpful so far :)

Has anyone done this? We want to book a private tour of this but I have never done a private tour and I am scared of not making it back in time for the ship.

Anyone have any good reccomendations of tour groups for Shark Ray Alley? We are going on Navigator and will be in Belize Dec 3 from 7am-4pm EST.

TIA!!

I did Shark Ray Alley years ago, but did it via Shore Excursion, so can't recommend a private tour. We were transported from the ship via boat to San Pedro where we switched boats to get out to the snorkling site. Travel time from the ship to San Pedro was about 20 minutes via the boat. Unless things have changed in Belize, excursions are via tender or other watercraft. The route taken to San Pedro took us through mangrove forests, past several outlying islands.

True to it's name, the tour provided ample opportunity to view sharks (we saw a couple) and rays (lots of them), both in close proximity. There were also a large number of tropical fish, Blue Tang in particular. Like in the Caymans, the rays have been conditioned to respond to people and are searching for food, so it didn't take long before there were a significant number of them right around us. The water wasn't terribly deep, the bottom was covered in sea grass and all in all it was a good excursion.

Sorry I'm not any help about going the private excursion route.

Again, not a private trip, but an independent one- I had a friend go through Coral Breezes and he raved about it. They pick you up right within the pier complex and take you by boat out to the reef, with lunch on Caye Caulker I believe.

I mean independent. So Coral Breezes is great? Thanks!!

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Archived