Star Bar Day Lounge

gehrandt

We are sailing in March - understand that we will have the use of the Star Bar Day Lounge. Does anyone know anything about it? What it provides (snacks, juice, water, etc.), where it is on the ship, anything else of interest about it????

Thank you for your help.

The Star Bar has been used as a day lounge for suite passengers since the roll out of Freestyel 2.0, I believe. It is then open only to suite passengers (the key card color discloses that status) until cocktail hour (5PM??).

On the Dawn the Pearl, I know that it is above and aft of the pool area with windows facing forward.

We were able to have cockails there before dinner a couple of times after the restriction was lifted. Adjacent to it is the overflow dinning area for Cagney's. The Day Lounge is a cash bar and coffee, etc all day long. The special part is the small number of people there, not the "goodies".

Thank you for your info - appreciate it.

Re your cruises I' guessing Navy? DH was in the Navy in the 50's - only he was stationed on Adak - he hasn't wanted to go back to Alaska since. I would love to see all the critters.

I think that anyone who has not done a cruise to Alaska is really missing something.

We went on a small ship, MS Wilderness Adventurer .... 60 passengers and very casual. We got to hike every day and kayak every day and never went in to a port. Our experience was so good, that we don't want to do it again, differently....just remember our first experience and let it go at that.

Yes, I was in the Navy during early Vietnam era and actually loved it (well, mostly). My favorite memory is underway, about 3 am when the first baked goods were coming out of the oven, grabbing a fresh bear claw and a cup of coffee and laying out on the bow under the southern Pacific stars, listening to the waves being cut by the bow.

Archived