Booking a Bermuda Wedding! Help!

kcspaz14

I'm looking to book my wedding next week. We'll be taking a Norwegian Cruise on the Dawn from NYC to Bermuda in May. We expect to have 15-25 people with us.

We have heard the best things from weddings at CoCo Reef, and we do not need to stay there to have the wedding there. I called the resort and spoke to their wedding planner, and she was very nice and very informative. Reading the forums, I hear a lot of people use planners from various sites like The Wedding Experience and The Wedding Saloon. Should I use the resort's wedding planner or should I use one of these wedding sites??? What are the pro/cons?

Norwegian Cruise Line uses the free to dine program. If I'd like to plan a scheduled dinner on the ship before we get to Bermuda, can I?

I know Norwegian offers some deals/perks for those who book more than 8 rooms together. It looks like we'll be right around that mark. I can't find anything online that tells you what you get. Anyone know?

My girlfriend will need to get her hair done and get ready on the day of the wedding. Is it best to have this done on the ship, somewhere on the island, or at the resort?

Any suggestions on florists, DJ, bands, photographer, etc. would be very helpful.

Thank you to anyone that responds. I'll post any additional questions I come across.

Hello. We were married at Coco Reef via the Explorer of the Seas. Thus, I cannot answer many of your questions related to the cruise line but I can answer your questions about the Coco Reef. Did you speak to Jude? She is excellent. She always responds to emails within 24 hours and helped me in any way she could. She helped set us up with transportation from the cruise line to the resort, a photographer (they use one regularly and trust me, he's good) and music. We did not use a DJ but had a live steel drummer. We also only served a light lunch, since I set up dinner at one of the speciality restaurants back on the ship. I had my hair done on the ship before the wedding and my grandma made me bouquets of silk flowers.

I didn't use the cruise line because:

1. it seemed too expensive

2. I wanted to have flexibility in what my ceremony would be like.

3. I wanted to work directly with the wedding coordinator from the resort...this is also why I didn't use a wedding planner from a site.

The attached picture is on the beach of the resort. The photographer took this image. Good luck with your planning!

DSC_0202.jpg.59065c0fd3145f319eec46f0b3c3b383.jpg

Archived