AQUAFEST REVIEW- Part 2

theOSU1

Now for the ugly part of AQUAFEST...

Headliner vocalist Reina was --aweful (in my humble opinion). Altough Reina did have a #2 "blockbuster" song in 1999 (Find Another Woman), 10 years later it appears her other songs she has co-wrote have yet to break into the top 40! Reina seems to be one dimentional and does not travel throughout the audience like so many good entertainers do. Her various songs all sound alike (much like a screaming cat) and her attempts to beg the audience to come to the stage and dance to her "re-wrote" dance remix was a total disaster. In my opinion, Reina would never make it onto American Idol and if (for some reason-did make it on the show) Simon Cowell would only comment with his famous- "that was a pathatic performance." Maybe Aquafest would do better to contact American Idol and seek some other talent as their vocal headliner. (there must be someone out there) To make matters worse all week long, every communications portal on the ship featured Reina songs throughout the week (on the TV, aft deck music during the day, played at every party and in the disco nightclub late at night). I would hope Aquafest would not get into a rut and schedule Reina for every cruise. Again, I am not a vocalist expert, but I have heard much better...The ugly is over in Part 3 and things get better...

Archived