What to do, what to do?

Sheffie

What is the best thing to do in Belize?  

12 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best thing to do in Belize?

• Cave tubing
    • Snorkeling
    • Ruins (and which one?)

I cannot figure out what to do in Belize. I have heard that it is a fantastic scuba destination, but how is the snorkeling?

Cave tubing sounds great, but I cannot walk for the 1/2 hour to get there from the taxi.

I hear the ruins are magnificent, but which ones are best? (remember I cannot do a lot of walking or climbing)

Such a dilemma!!!! Who knows if we will ever get to go there again?!? Please give me input.

Thanks, Michelle

I voted for snorkeling cause that's what I plan to do in Belize this trip. Well, I think so haven't booked or decided on a tour yet still researching. I wanted to book with Coral Breeses but they don't have a tour the day we are there.

I would do the cave tubing but I'm traveling with my Mother 67 and she will not be able to do the tubing.

If it's our first trip there, I would suggest the river/ruins tour. We did that our first visit in April and loved it. The river part was so much fun and the ruins were nice just enough time there and not a lot of walking unless you want to climb the ruins. I did and my Mother sat talking with one of our guides and she loved it.

• 2 weeks later...

judyf how hard is it to climb to the top? Would it still be fun if you just went up a little way? Would the trip still be worth it? I am almost thinking that the river part would be the best part. Do you think that teens would get board? Thanks

I would do the ruins if I were you. The cave tubbing will have alot of walking,(about 45 min non stop in the jungle) and you will have to carry your tube for that walk. I went to the Lamani ruins which consists of a long boat ride (90 min) to the ruins site. The ruins area is a walking tour but it is pretty level and the paths are in good shape, you also get to stop every 5 min to see a structure. There were a fair amount of seniors when I was there last year. You do not have to climb the pryamids to enjoy the ruins, although it is nice to do if you can.

judyf how hard is it to climb to the top? Would it still be fun if you just went up a little way? Would the trip still be worth it? I am almost thinking that the river part would be the best part. Do you think that teens would get board? Thanks

It wasn't hard at all to climb to the top. Most of us did. A few didn't my mother being one that decided not to. She sat and talked to our guide and she had a great time. The river part was the best! I would take this tour again just for the river part. I posted a review that I think is still on page one.

Archived