Taking food off the ship

stereo

Don't follow your beliefs. Follow the laws of the country you're entering. Those are what you'll be held to. Can a cookie throw a country into economic ruin? Not likely. Can a cookie cause you to be detained by a border agent? Not likely, but probably more than the chances of it bringing down a country. Can buying a cookie on shore throw YOU into economic ruin? If it can, perhaps you shouldn't be cruising... :rolleyes:

Those laws will be clearly posted, both in the ship daily and at the gangplank.

In Australia I had my Advair ( asthma medicine ) in my purse. It looked like a cookie to their x ray machine and the dogs hit on it. I was detained at least 15 minutes while they literally took my bag apart looking for that cookie in the meanwhile explaining to me that if I lied tio them I could go to jail as well as pay a big fine. I told them there was no food that I was aware of, they said being unaware of it didn't count. It was quite scary.

I finally convinced them that what they were seeing was my asthma medicine.

Hi all I am sorry that I ruffled someones feathers--I had innocently asked the question because of my understanding of the rules applying to carrying food products from one country into another. they exist to prevent the spread of disease --that can be brought into a country by fresh meats and fruits and vegetables. However according to articles that I read on the internet once you are in the EU --you can carry food accross the borders. Since the ship I will be travelling on sails only in the EU I thought that It might be different{-by the way--if you take an excursion to a farm and admit it as I did upon entry into the US you will be questionned.} To those who think that I should not be sailing on a ship because I do not want to help the economy of the EU over the US where I will buy my snacks--that is their right. Of course I will be very happy to pay for three nights at a hotel at the port city before the cruise--and for BLD

Hi all I am sorry that I ruffled someones feathers--I had innocently asked the question because of my understanding of the rules applying to carrying food products from one country into another. they exist to prevent the spread of disease --that can be brought into a country by fresh meats and fruits and vegetables. However according to articles that I read on the internet once you are in the EU --you can carry food accross the borders. Since the ship I will be travelling on sails only in the EU I thought that It might be different{-by the way--if you take an excursion to a farm and admit it as I did upon entry into the US you will be questionned.} To those who think that I should not be sailing on a ship because I do not want to help the economy of the EU over the US where I will buy my snacks--that is their right. Of course I will be very happy to pay for three nights at a hotel at the port city before the cruise--and for BLD

No ruffled feathers here. I am happy that you bought the subject up. Many people do not understand the damage they may cause to a place's flora by "just one banana". The economic thing does not matter to me one way or another. I think people should respect the laws and regulations of the places they visit as guests of that place.

Your OP was a valid question and if you did not care about the law you would not have asked it.

Archived