Least amount of flying required

cwistyred

Good Evening,

I have been doing quite a bit of research to find the best tour/cruise in Egypt for next spring. Many of the different company's seem to have great itineraries. My problem is that flying is a big problem for me. To be able to fly at all I seriously have to take a decent amount of tranquilizers. This makes me groggy and I sleep. Most all the trips down the Nile require flights to Luxor, flights to Abu Simbel and then back again. I cannot fly this much. Has anybody used any tour company that uses overnight trains or buses to get to the different cities? I see that a few might use a train for one segment but still require you to fly back. I have been looking at 12 to 16 night trips

Any help with this?

Thanks everybody

Far Horizons Archeological and Cultural of San Anselmo CA has only one flight from Abu Simbel back to Cairo. The trip to Luxor is by train and the leg from Aswan to Abu Simbel is by boat. I can't recommend this trip highly enough. The leader is Bob Brier a well known TV Egyptologist. Google Far Horizons Archeological and see the itinerary. We did this trip and absolutely loved it. I'm thinking of doing it again.:)

Archived