Recommendations for Snorkeling in Curacao

lmmn

We are hoping to snorkel in Curacao in a couple weeks. The ships snorkeling excursion has been cancelled, so we'd like to rent a vehicle and venture out on our own. Does anyone have any suggestions on great places to snorkel? I've looked at the Curacao boards...not much info, and very little activity.

We were there 2 yrs ago on the Adventure. We took the RCCL canoe excursion. We also had an hour or so of snorkeling at a great beach. There was a sunken tug off shore and the snorkeling was great. Probably the most fish I have ever seen while snorkeling. They had free chairs, a cafe, a freshwater swimming pool, nice sand beach. That's the good news.....the bad is I can't remember the name of the beach. Check with staff on board and ask them which beach the canoe trip goes to. If we fo back, we would take a cab/rent car and just go there. Also Santa Barbara beach(we canoed by it) looked great. It's part of a hotel but you can supposedly buy day passes. We didn't snorkel there but the beach looked great. Maybe someone else will jump in with the name of the sunken tug beach. Have fun....BK

We were there 2 yrs ago on the Adventure. We took the RCCL canoe excursion. We also had an hour or so of snorkeling at a great beach. There was a sunken tug off shore and the snorkeling was great. Probably the most fish I have ever seen while snorkeling. They had free chairs, a cafe, a freshwater swimming pool, nice sand beach. That's the good news.....the bad is I can't remember the name of the beach. Check with staff on board and ask them which beach the canoe trip goes to. If we fo back, we would take a cab/rent car and just go there. Also Santa Barbara beach(we canoed by it) looked great. It's part of a hotel but you can supposedly buy day passes. We didn't snorkel there but the beach looked great. Maybe someone else will jump in with the name of the sunken tug beach. Have fun....BK

I just pulled out a book that we received when we were on AOS in 2002. There have only one beach name. We also did the canoe safari but just looked that up and they don't give you the name of the beach..drats

Caracas Bay (this one is for a snorkeling tour)

Thank you for looking this up. Have you heard of Bayo Beach? I will continue to do more research, but have come up with very little so far. Do you know if you can get to Caracas Bay by car?

I have a question for anyone who has been to Curacao. There are six of us...do you think it would make more sense to take a taxi or rent a van? We would probably just go to a couple different beaches.

Thank you for looking this up. Have you heard of Bayo Beach? I will continue to do more research, but have come up with very little so far. Do you know if you can get to Caracas Bay by car?

I have a question for anyone who has been to Curacao. There are six of us...do you think it would make more sense to take a taxi or rent a van? We would probably just go to a couple different beaches.

Hi:

Here is what I found:

http://www.curacao-travelguide.com/beach/index.shtml

I think the beach we were on for the canoe trip is Little Knip Beach. I remember all the coral on the beach. Take a look at some of the pictures and they might ring a bell.

Have a great time. I will have to print that out myself as we are on AOS - Feb 6/05 sailing.

It might have been Playa Kenapa after I looked at all the pictures because I definiately remember the wall. The buses were up there. It is quite a ways out as I remember because the drive was so long and extremely boring...I don't really get into history of countries that much...that is just me though. I just want foo foo drinks, shopping, sunny skies and a place to relax.

Once again have a great trip.

Archived