StillPooh

Rockportgirl

Yeah, I've talked myself out of it every time due to price, but I think I'm going to suck it up this time. We live on the water so we see them all the time, but it's not the same as being in there with them.

I'll tell DH you said we have to... ;)

Yeah, I've talked myself out of it every time due to price, but I think I'm going to suck it up this time. We live on the water so we see them all the time, but it's not the same as being in there with them.

I'll tell DH you said we have to... ;)

I talked myself out of a significantly less expensive dolphin swim in Cancun 2 years ago, in the resort's lagoon pool. Afterwards I kicked myself for passing up the opportunity. But after reading about UNEXSO's open ocean swim, I knew I had to do it. I loved knowing that the dolphin's could leave if they wanted to. Apparently they do occasionally take off, but they always come back- they know how good they have it at the facility. :D

When we arrived in Freeport, we thought we might not get to do it- normally it's a minimum of 4 people and only DH and I signed up. When I asked what would happen if they cancelled us, they said we could downgrade to a lagoon swim. I said no, we would want a refund. Rather than give us our $400 back, they sent us out alone. Just the two of us, a boat pilot, a dolphin trainer, and our two dolphins. :cool:

Oh, wow. What an awesome experience! :eek:

Unfortunately they don't have the open ocean swim where we're going, at least not that I know of. I would much prefer that over the traditional dolphin swims- I'd rather the dolphins WANT to be there than them having no choice...

I'd rather the dolphins WANT to be there than them having no choice...
Dolphins are pretty social creatures. I wouldn't feel bad about doing a pool swim in the future. Look at it this way- at 7 feet long and 300 pounds, you can't really make them do anything, that they don't want to. :D

But if I ever go back to Freeport and have the time, I'll pony up for the 5 hour assistant trainer experience. :cool:

Rockport Girl and Denise,

I right clicked on Denise's Dolphin Name, then clicked on properities and up with img.photobucket.com

It might be a start looking for your new fun-filled signatures.

GEAUX SAINTS! 7 AND 0

Who's dat, dat say they goin' to beat dem Saints!

Rockport Girl and Denise,

I right clicked on Denise's Dolphin Name, then clicked on properities and up with img.photobucket.com

It might be a start looking for your new fun-filled signatures.

Thank you. I think that's the site stillpooh used to save the picture in order to put it on here... I can't find the actual website to create the signature. :(

Oh well. She has an awesome, original signature all to herself. Lucky. :D

Thank you. I think that's the site stillpooh used to save the picture in order to put it on here... I can't find the actual website to create the signature. :(

Oh well. She has an awesome, original signature all to herself. Lucky. :D

Well, me and the Denise I got it from. :p

Yes, the photobucket account is mine, where I have stored that and other images for posting on bulletin boards.

Archived