Parking In Mobile...

dawgdawg

does anyone know how much they charge per day for parking in Mobile? Or if not, how can I find out?

Thanks,

Port Parking:

Cash Only (rates are subject to change by the Port Authority)

Regular sized cars:

• 4-day cruise: $60.00
  • 5-day cruise: $75.00
  • 7-day cruise: $105.00

We parked at the Radisson. We didn't stay there, just parked in their garage. You go to the desk and pay for a voucher, then they have a shuttle that takes you to the pier and picks you up. It was cheaper than the parking at the pier, but I don't remember how much. We went in July. Check out their website.

Sewut

We parked at the Radisson. We didn't stay there, just parked in their garage. You go to the desk and pay for a voucher, then they have a shuttle that takes you to the pier and picks you up. It was cheaper than the parking at the pier, but I don't remember how much. We went in July. Check out their website.

Sewut

I wish I knew this!! We've been sailing out of Mobile every spring and always park at the garage and pay their outrageous rates. I know this for next year, thanks!

Sheesh..we are going on the Six day...guess we get to park for free!!

But, the real issue is what will they do with all the extra cars. The parking deck was designed for a smaller ship and does not have enough parking for the Fantasy.

They are supposed to restripe the parking lot to try and create some new parking spaces. I plan to arrive early so as not to be have to park under the Interstate when the lot is full.

Sheesh..we are going on the Six day...guess we get to park for free!!

But, the real issue is what will they do with all the extra cars. The parking deck was designed for a smaller ship and does not have enough parking for the Fantasy.

They are supposed to restripe the parking lot to try and create some new parking spaces. I plan to arrive early so as not to be have to park under the Interstate when the lot is full.

I've never been on the Fantasy, but have sailed the Holiday a few times. Is it that much bigger? I dont remember the parking garage even being close to full the times we've parked there....?

I've never been on the Fantasy, but have sailed the Holiday a few times. Is it that much bigger? I dont remember the parking garage even being close to full the times we've parked there....?

The Holiday is 46,000 Grt, max passenger capacity 1800; Fantasy, 70,000 grt, 2603 passengers. That's about a 44% increase in capacity. The parking garage was originally designed to hold 500 cars. The city plans to use the convention center garage for the overflow with complimentary shuttle of course.

• 2 weeks later...

Cruzman --

We are planning on cruising on the Elation, how much bigger is that than the Holiday? Other than the Radisson, do you know of any other hotels that offer a "park & stay" type package? Is there any type of security at the convention center parking garage? Any help would be appreciated!

Sewut

We are leaving on the Fantasy out of Mobile Thanksgiving Day. I called and the Radisson offers parking for $55 if you are not staying at the hotel. I was told the shuttle starts running at about 11:00 a.m.

Sewut, was it convenient to park at the Radisson vs. parking at the port? The price difference isn't that much -- $55 vs. $60 -- for the four night cruise. Just wondering which would be the best option.

Thanks!

Cruzman --

We are planning on cruising on the Elation, how much bigger is that than the Holiday? Other than the Radisson, do you know of any other hotels that offer a "park & stay" type package? Is there any type of security at the convention center parking garage? Any help would be appreciated!

Yes, there is security. Parking is in the basement level beneath the CC. But, do not leave your car there for a week if a hurricane is headed up Mobile Bay! You will find that flood waters will roll all of your windows down and pop open your trunk. Just ask the ATF who left their cars behind at their office in downtown Mobile during Katrina. :)

Archived