Brilliance of Seas vets: Will you return to Royal Caribbean?

jp45atcc

After being on the Oct. 13-25 sailing from Barcelona, I have mixed feelings about Royal Caribbean. Absolutely no human controls the weather, of course, but I feel like communication about our late departure and particularly our late return was so poor that it exasperated an already bad situation. While (I'm convinced) RC executives debated compensation and other legal issues, hours passed, leaving passengers so little time to try to reach airlines, hotels and family. A change in course means a change in hours, and that should have been shared immediately with the passengers. The cost to change get-home arrangements was phenomenal - often far, far more than the cruise line offered. And to make matters worse, some of the computers were out of order at such a challenging time. Overall, the Brilliance experience was wonderful. It's a shame to let such an episode shade perception of Royal Caribbean, but I'm afraid it does. How do other veterans of this cruise feel about Royal Caribbean?

Archived