Infant car seats in San Juan

boskel129

We will be traveling with our infant daughter to San Juan, staying there before and after our cruise. Do I need a car seat for her to get around San Juan. We will not be renting a car, just relying on taxis or other transportation the excursion provides. Thank you.

We will be traveling with our infant daughter to San Juan, staying there before and after our cruise. Do I need a car seat for her to get around San Juan. We will not be renting a car, just relying on taxis or other transportation the excursion provides. Thank you.

This question makes me crazy........

You decide if you "need" one.

By law, you don't "need" a car seat in a taxi or public transportation in PR.

But the laws of physics would suggest otherwise.

Why do you use it at home? If it is to keep your child from flying through the window in a car accident then perhaps you might want to use one here for the same reason.

I am sorry if offended you but it does not make me a bad parent for asking this. We traveled with another infant in a previous cruise but left from the states so we had the carrier. Once we got on the cruise the seat never came out of the cabin because all the transportation that was used did not accomidate the seat.

The taxis here are either cars or minivans. They should have seatbelts for people to use and you should be able to click yourself and the the car seat into.

The tour buses may not have seat belts, and I assume you are not paying for a ticket/seat for the baby, so they are not counting the infant as a passenger. You would probably have to have the child on your lap in those.

I didn't mean it to be a private attack. The whole concept makes me mad. I just can't understand why the law is different for taxis, school buses and public transportation.

The answer is: Yes, you need a car seat. But will you be able to use a car seat in the larger excursion tour buses, probably not. Stick with the smaller tour vehicles (minivans etc) and they should have seatbelts.

Archived