Pass Guest Pins

joebat1

All

We just got back from the Carnival Conquest and they only passed out ship pins to Platinum Guests.

This is the first one of these I have seen. We sailed in September on the Ecstasy and they didn't have pins for anybody

This is what the Platinum Conquest pin looks like

Mark

Did you happen to notice if the pins were for sale in the gift shop??

And if you happen to have an extra would you be willing to sell or trade it for an ECSTASY? If yes, please email me at: joebat1@swbell.net

Thanks

I miss the old cameo style pins that they used to sell in the gift shop. I last saw them on the Glory in '03. I have them for the Elation and Ecstacy and I wear them as tie clips on formal nights. The other pins are a bit too gaudy to use as tie clips.

Did you happen to notice if the pins were for sale in the gift shop??

And if you happen to have an extra would you be willing to sell or trade it for an ECSTASY? If yes, please email me at: joebat1@swbell.net

Thanks

Joe

They didn't have any pins for sale in the Gift Shop on the Conquest. I also tried to mooch some from the Purser's desk several different times and was not able to get any more.

I already traded you 5 of my Ecstasy pins but I might be interested in something else. I should be getting some Dream pins in a few weeks that I might be able to trade.

Mark

Joe

They didn't have any pins for sale in the Gift Shop on the Conquest. I also tried to mooch some from the Purser's desk several different times and was not able to get any more.

I already traded you 5 of my Ecstasy pins but I might be interested in something else. I should be getting some Dream pins in a few weeks that I might be able to trade.

Mark

Hi Mark, I'm sorry I didn't realize your screen name.. Love your signature, it is really KOOL ~~!!~~

I thought the Jubilee pin was all you needed to complete your collection... Let me know if you need other pins, as I have found a new super lock for the clasp's that will NOT come off and was going to send you one for the Jubilee pin, and will include the other pins if I have them ~~!!~~

From John's blog for Tuesday, November 17, reporting from the cruise directors conference onboard Carnival Imagination:

3. It was confirmed that as of November 21st ships that hold Past Guest parties will be providing our Platinum guests with their pins and that by the same date the onboard shops will have them for sale. This includes the 3 and 4 day ships that do not currently hold repeat guest functions.

http://johnhealdsblog.com/2009/11/17/talking-cruise-directors/#more-12040

:rolleyes: We will see....

If anyone has a Triumph pin they will sell me, please let me know....I have nothing to trade.. just trying to collect the ones from the ships I have been on... Thanks.

JR is taking care of my requests... as usual he is helping his fellow cruisers. Thanks.

My sister just took her second Carnival cruise on Spendor and received her ship pin. I would rather have the ship prints if only they would offer them again, even if only in the shops at sea.

Are your referring to the one's they handed out on the last night in the dining room? Did they stop giving those out?

Of all the Carnival cruises I have taken, more than the ones showing here on CC, been cruising since the 60s, I have never gotten a ships pin. The only things they gave us was the ship placemats, now they have stopped that. I used those for the resturant staff to sign and date, then the cabin crew to sign. When I got home, that was framed and hung up with the others. Now, before any cruises, I have to print out and take with me. Carnival is just getting CHEAP on alot of things now. all but the prices.

Of all the Carnival cruises I have taken, more than the ones showing here on CC, been cruising since the 60s, I have never gotten a ships pin. The only things they gave us was the ship placemats, now they have stopped that. I used those for the resturant staff to sign and date, then the cabin crew to sign. When I got home, that was framed and hung up with the others. Now, before any cruises, I have to print out and take with me. Carnival is just getting CHEAP on alot of things now. all but the prices.

You're kidding right? If you have been cruising since the 60's you must know the prices are lower now than they were then.

Are you looking for $199 for a 7 day cruise?

I guess I'm too easy. As long as they are still feeding me, housing me, and providing entertainment I'm good.

Bill

You're kidding right? If you have been cruising since the 60's you must know the prices are lower now than they were then.

Are you looking for $199 for a 7 day cruise?

I guess I'm too easy. As long as they are still feeding me, housing me, and providing entertainment I'm good.

Bill

My sentiments EXACTLY. My, then wife, and I cruised Carnival's Mexican Riviera the first time two decades ago on the TROPICALE for $599pp inside cabin. You could do that now for $379pp on the SPLENDOR ! ! :eek:

Ya, from 1966 to date, during my military years in the Orient, retuning to the US in 1973.

those were tubs then and expensive. The old Madi Grau type ships were far better than those in the orient. To todays standards, tubs and expensive. Tropical, well, getting better. Holiday, not bad compared to todays standards of ships being built. Fantasy class ships started getting better than what I saw previously. Everything built after the Fantasy class just got bigger, better, and more expensive. Yes, cheaper in price somewhat. Drinks were in GLASS back then, today plastic. My parents, grandparents said the same thing, now my kids are saying the same. Times change between generations and so do ships. My kids prefer the Destiny class and bigger and think the Fantasy class as tubs. Me, I prefer the Fantasy class ships for size. And yes, I am still cruising and will continue till I die, no matter how big or expensive they get. Times and prices, let alone pay checks, have changed since the 60s. Take all that into consideration from then to today.

Ya, from 1966 to date, during my military years in the Orient, retuning to the US in 1973.

those were tubs then and expensive. The old Madi Grau type ships were far better than those in the orient. To todays standards, tubs and expensive. Tropical, well, getting better. Holiday, not bad compared to todays standards of ships being built. Fantasy class ships started getting better than what I saw previously. Everything built after the Fantasy class just got bigger, better, and more expensive. Yes, cheaper in price somewhat. Drinks were in GLASS back then, today plastic. My parents, grandparents said the same thing, now my kids are saying the same. Times change between generations and so do ships. My kids prefer the Destiny class and bigger and think the Fantasy class as tubs. Me, I prefer the Fantasy class ships for size. And yes, I am still cruising and will continue till I die, no matter how big or expensive they get. Times and prices, let alone pay checks, have changed since the 60s. Take all that into consideration from then to today.

My sentiments also. I paid $.25 per gal. of gas then, today, what? Everything is DIFFERENT today then 25-30 yrs ago. Wages especially. Some of you, what were your wages 30yrs ago compared to today? Mine, you don`t want to know. No different than today. Being retired, I still enjoy what I can do, whenever I can, if the price is right. Still scrimping today just like 25-30yrs ago just to be able to do something for myself. Thanks to all the taxes we pay.

Gary, this topic is closed for me. I enjoyed the placemats when they had them. Never got any of the so-called ship pins. But I can say, I have a full collection of the original glass from all drinks that we had on the Sensation in 95 before they went plastic. Also, since Carnival came out with there models of each ship, I have 1 for everytime I was on one. The list of my cruises you see here are only from myself and wife now. Before that, I don`t care about. My kids and grandchildren have all those pictures from back then and get quite a laugh of them compared to todays pictures. This subject is clossed for me. Now some of you look back and compare.

• 4 months later...

Archived