Tampa - SpringHill Suites/Marriott

clsee1515

Its in the Westshore business district. About 5 mins to airport. 15-20 mins to the port if no traffic. $20-25 for a cab to the port. Lots of good restaurants nearby.

International Plaza http://www.shopinternationalplaza.com has the following restaurants.

Bamboo Club Asian Bistro, The

Bar Louie

Blue Martini

California Pizza Kitchen

Champps Restaurant & Bar

Charley's Steakery

Cheesecake Factory, The

Chick-fil-A

Fatburger

Gallery Eclectic Bistro

Headliners Entertainment Venue

Kahunaville

Kelly's Cajun Grill

Nordstrom Cafe Bistro

Panda Express

PIAZZA ROMA Ristorante Italiano

Sbarro Pizzeria

Subway

Suki Hana

T.G.I. Friday's Cafe/Fast Friday's

Todai Restaurant

TooJay's Original Gourmet Deli

All about 1-5 block walk or a little cab ride.

Also Lee Roy Selmons Barbeque, Roys, Ruths Chris, Charleys Steakhouse, Shulas Steakhouse, Outback, Maggianos Little Italy are all close by.

Do you think the area around Busch Gardens is very safe if we are going to be going there one day pre-cruise, or would we be better to stay in another part of town and drive?

Nice to get someone elses perspective.

Thanks,

Sandy

Which hotels were you looking at? Overall, I wouldnt have a problem staying in the Busch Gardens area, but there are some places better than others. If you get something near USF it would be better in that area vs something near Busch Gardens heading toward downtown. Addresses or names you were thinking about? You might also be able to find something better $wise and drive since you are going to have a car anyway. It doesnt take too long to get there on the weekend and if you can save quite a few $S it might be worth it.

Tadjr-I didn't have any particular hotel near Busch Gardens in mind, although I saw several hotels that mentioned the I-275 strip or USF. Are these OK? I also saw where the Doubletree Busch Gardens was getting several Priceline awards. Didn't know if I wanted to risk being able to get a room for 4 through Priceline when I know that it is going to be Spring Break time.

http://www.visittampabay.com/stay/results.php?&pHighRate=9999&pHM[0]=394&pHM[1]=395&pType=184&pubArea=&pAnchorSort=Busch%20Gardens%2FNorth%20Tampa

is the Convention and Visitors Bureau website to search for hotels near Busch Gardens. I would stay at something closer to USF/Busch instead of near I275. The Doubletree you mention is in an ok area afaik fairly close to Busch Gardens and away from the "strip".

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks tadjr, booked SpringHill Suites for king bed, 2 people, 7-2-05 for $76 !! Reviews looked good and price is better than what I've been finding!

I'm interested in booking this for 2/19/05 for our pre-cruise night. The best rate I could find was $120 through hotels.com. Is there a better place to search? Maybe the higher rate is due to the time of year though. :confused:

Thanks,

Lenny

Archived