US Hair Dyer and Straighteners

Lee-Ann

I am a first time cruiser !!!

We are going on the EOS RCI. We are travelling from the UK, I own US hair dyer and straighteners (as well as UK) are the US the best ones for the cruise.

Many thanks

Lee-Ann

We are going on the EOS RCI. We are travelling from the UK, I own US hair dyer and straighteners (as well as UK) are the US the best ones for the cruise.

Many thanks

Lee-Ann

Welcome to Cruise Critic and Welcome to Cruising -- both are lots of fun and very addictive!:D

The RCI ships all have hair dryers in the cabins so save space in your luggage and leave your hair dryer at home. I bring my curling iron which I plug into the outlet on the vanity. I don't know if your UK appliance would work so I suggest you bring your US straightener.

Have a wonderful cruise.

Kathy:)

Many thanks

Lee-Ann

The RCI ships all have two types of sockets, US type at 110V and European type at 220V. So you can either bring your US "equipment" and use it with the US sockets at 110V, or if you bring your UK dryer and straightener you will need an adaptor from UK plug to European socket. IIRC UK uses 220V/240V like the rest of Europe, so that wouldn´t be a problem.

Many thanks

Lee-Ann

Both your US and Uk will work, for the UK ones you will need an adapter from the round European socket to the 3 pin 13A uk socket. The American ones will plug straight into the american outlet\

Since a picture is worth a thousand words, please see this WIKI link, the ship has the Type B US NEMA 5-15 plug at the desk, at least one, sometimes two. It also has the European Type F plug at the desk. Like uksimonusa and madforcruising said, you'll need an adaptor to run your UK stuff in the Type F plug.

In the head, there is a combo plug in the ceiling, that will accomodate a US two blade plug or a British BS 4573 shaver. The outlet in the ceiling is only hot when the lights are turned on.

Hope that helps.

Archived