Help! The final word on aft balcony square feet??

alylee777

Hi all,

So once again I am new to this...I have only been on 3 cruises but this board has been quite helpful!

I called crown and anchor to check out cabin availability because so many folks have raved about the aft balcony experience. I was amazed to find a cabin available aft, deck 10! I asked the lady about the difference between the balcony square footage of this aft cabin 1692 and the regular one I had booked midship and she said there was absolutely no difference!!

What's the truth cruisers? The photos and letters I have seen on this board seem to imply that the aft balconys are bigger!! Does anyone know the square ft. of any of the aft balconys on Navigator? Are these balconys an urban myth? Does Crown an anchor have a secret?

Any info would be appreciated!

A:D

They are bigger and it is not an urban myth!

I do not have any measurements but 2 pics. We were on AOS, which is a sistership to Navigator, for a 12/03 cruise.

Go here: http://smillay.cruisesinc.com/travel/cruises/virtual_tours.jsp?pg=0

And select Royal Caribbean Int > Adventure of the Seas and take the tour of:

Superior Ocean-view Stateroom (Category D9).

That is the same type of stateroom we had but ours was aft. Now use the controls to stop the tour when it is showing the balcony, ZOOM in.

Now open a second browser window and paste this URL in the address box:

http://share.shutterfly.com/osi.jsp?i=EeINWLZw4ZNGE2 which is a pic I took of our balcony.

The width of the balcony is the same as the cabin but as you compare pics you will see that the aft balcony is about 3X’s as deep as a side balcony and our cabin was on deck 10, the shortest of all the aft cabin balconies.

You be the judge.

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

PS – I think we were in cabin 1692 on AOS

I have stayed in cabin 1692 this past May on Mariner...it is most definitely larger than the side balconies....much deeper. It was great. This cabin does interconnect with the Junior Suite 1694 ..not sure you are aware of that.

It was not a problem for us...we had good friends next to us and each enjoyed each others balcony.

Emmy

Emmy,

Hi! A question. When you say the cabins interconnected does that mean there is no wall between the balconies? I have no idea who is in the cabin next to us and would be kind of bummed if we didn't have some privacy on our balcony.

Thanks

A:D

alylee...

The two balconies are completely private and a steel wall between them. What I meant is that there is a door on the inside of the cabin that connects both rooms. The room steward will ensure that this door is locked as you do not know the people next to you. We never heard any noise from our friends cabin and we would keep the door unlocked so we could go back and forth if we wanted. It is actually a double door...a door on your side a space in between and another door so quite sound proof.

Enjoy the cabin....and Navigator...loved this ship. Our friends had that exact cabin on Navigator as well....

Emmy :)

Archived